Police Blotter

Did you make this week’s blotter?

9/14

1:39 a.m.: Two suspicious people were reported to university police in front of Allen Hall. Police issued a SCA issued for underage alcohol consumption and disorderly conduct.

8:22 a.m.: A man reported his vehicle was keyed while it was parked at a gas station on Winspear Avenue.

10:03 a.m.: UPD responded to a larceny at Fargo Quad. A female student reported that cash was stolen from her work locker between midnight and 3:00 p.m.

4:59 p.m.: A Sizzles employee reported a larceny at the Ellicott Food Court. Police took down information and filed a report.

6:35 p.m.: A female student received a call as someone identifying themselves as U.S. Customs requesting money from her. Police advised her to speak to the U.S. Buffalo Customs office to see if it was a scam.

8:41 p.m.: Police received an animal complaint at 12 Webster Road of a dog trapped inside of a car at the Arena Lot. Patrol located the vehicle and said there was no dog inside.

9:50 p.m.: Police received a report of a male student trapped in an elevator in the Spalding Quad between the fourth and fifth floor. Police responded and freed him from the elevator.

9:57 p.m.: Police received a report of a male student having a seizure at the Silverman Library. The victim was in a highly combative state when coming out of the epileptic state. First responders transferred the student to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.

10:38 p.m.: Police responded to a male student trapped in an elevator in Spalding Building four on the fifth floor. Police freed the student from the elevator. 

11:24 p.m.: A person reported they saw graffiti on the sixth floor of Clement Hall. Police notified facilities to have it removed.

9/15

12:22 a.m.: Police received a larceny report on Hadley road at Lehman Hall. A male student reported his UB card was stolen and was being used without his authorization. Police filed a report.

4:32 a.m.: Police received a report of male student suffering from an alcoholic overdose at the lobby of Goodyear Hall. First Responders transported the student to ECMC.

4:30 p.m.: A shuttle bus driver notified campus police about property damage on the John James Audubon Parkway. The suspect, a female in silver vehicle, hit a lamp pole. Police notified an electrician who tended to the pole. UPD towed the vehicle. 

9/16

1:45 a.m.: Dispatch notified police of an apparent alcohol overdose at Goodyear Hall. The intoxicated male was incoherent and was later transported to ECMC.

3:59 a.m.: Police were notified of a suspicious person on Hadley Road. Two subjects made threats against several students in the hall earlier. The resident staff stayed at Clinton with the victims. The suspects were no longer on scene. Police later requested a bio-hazard clean up.

8:26 p.m.: A student at Lehman Hall wished to file an anonymous harassment report about an incident that happened off campus at a party the night before. Police responded to the call and filed a report.

9:20 p.m.: Police received a report from a male student at the Main Bailey parking lot claiming that someone flagged down and was following him. The student said the individual drove a white Kia Hatchback. Police arrived at the scene and the car was gone upon arrival.

9/20

12:38 a.m.: A female student notified police that a male subject banged on her car and attempted to enter while driving to her dorm. She described the man as tall, white, dirty blonde or brown hair and wearing a UB sweatshirt. Patrols were dispatched but could not locate the subject.

8:09 a.m.: Police received a call from a female student trapped in an elevator in Spaulding Building 7. Police responded to the scene and an elevator repairman freed the student. 

1:56 p.m.: Police responded to two students verbally fighting in front of Moe’s in the Student Union and resolved the issue.  

11:44 p.m.: A Goodyear Hall director notified police that one of her RA’s found partially burnt flyers and a sock on a light while making rounds. UPD searched the building and found burn marks on the walls if the sixth and ninth floors near the elevators. Dispatch notified facilities. 

9/21

1:28 p.m.: UPD received multiple calls that a tree fell down on Frontier Road and the John James Audubon Parkway and was blocking the road. Police responded to the scene and directed traffic.

2:08 p.m.: A female student called police after her roommate attempted to attack her in their Flint Village Apartment. Patrol was dispatched. 

4:57 p.m.: UPD received a call from Student Health Services at Michael Hall requesting an ambulance for a student. Patrol responded to the call and met the individual at Michael and Bailey. 

8:23 p.m.: UPD received a call that an intoxicated female student attempted to enter the CFA concert venue. 

9/22

12:57 a.m.: UPD received a call that four students were trapped in an elevator on the first floor of Goodyear Hall. Police responded and the four students were released. 

1:27 a.m.: Police transported a student from Flint Village to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital due to an alcohol overdose. 

8:42 p.m.: A Fargo RA called police regarding marijuana found in a student’s dorm room. UPD responded to the scene and found that the report was unfounded. 

9:52 p.m.: Police responded to alarms going off at UB Stadium and found that a fire extinguisher was used in the third floor suite by the elevators. 

9/23

1:52 a.m.: UPD transported a student from the Governor’s Bus Stop to the hospital due to an alcohol overdose. 

1:59 p.m.: UPD checked on numerous individuals in front of Hayes Hall who appeared to be intoxicated. Police transported one student to Erie County Medical Center and on referral was issued. 

6:07 p.m.: UPD received calls from different Blue Light Phones near Diefendorf Hall from kids yelling obscenities into the phones. Police went to the phone and found a bike in front of Diefendorf. They located a subject and advised them to leave.