UB dormin'

Living on-campus is affordable, convenient and helps new students adjust to college life. Over 7,200 University at Buffalo students lived on campus last year, according to Jeanette Zalba, Associate Director of University Residence Halls & Apartments.
'[Students] make so many connections when they are living and working close to people,' said Zalba. 'Living on campus fully immerses students in campus life.'

North Campus
Ellicott Complex

Located on North Campus, these lego-looking constructions are divided into a maze of six quads - Richmond, Wilkeson, Spaulding, Porter, Fargo and Red Jacket. Each has their own eight to 10 interconnected buildings that house mostly freshmen and sophomore students.
'The thing I loved about Ellicott was that there were so many people to interact with,' said Alexandra Rosinky, a senior accounting major. 'I'm still very good friends with all of the people that I met my freshman year.'
For many students, the Ellicott Complex is the ideal living situation because there are a lot of people and all the necessary amenities. The complex is equipped with two dining halls, located in Richmond and Red Jacket, a computer lab, gym, food court and a convenience store.
North Campus is within walking distance to classes from Ellicott, but the Stampede stops every few minutes to pick up students to take them to the Student Union.

Governors Complex

Commonly dubbed 'Gover-nerds,' Governors is home to many of UB's honor students, international students and freshmen. Governors is split up into Lehman, Dewey, Roosevelt and Clinton, named after four New York governors.
Students typically take the short ride to the academic complex by hopping on the Stampede, but the distance only requires a short walk.
According to Dominic Dellaquila, a senior accounting major, the living situation in Governers was not idyllic when he lived there his sophomore year.
'The size of the rooms was the main thing. They were very cramped,' said Dellaquila. 'It was just too quiet [and] not a lot of people interacted.'
The main draw about Governors is that it is located closer to campus and generally is a quiet place for those who would like to study.
In addition, this complex also offers the convenience store Teddy's, where students can buy food, school supplies and more.

Room Rates
Room rates for North Campus dormitories vary. Single rooms are $3,324, doubles are $2,874, large doubles in Ellicott are $3,096, triple rooms are $2,733 (triples with their own bathrooms are $2,748), and quads are $2,469 (added bathrooms are $2,814), according to the URH&A Web site.

South Campus

Located on Main St., South Campus offers Goodyear, Clement, Pritchard, Schoellkopf, MacDonald and Michael Halls.
Although these dorms are a 15-minute bus ride from North Campus, most enjoy their proximity to the city of Buffalo.
'I liked living on South Campus because everything was so accessible,' said Leighann Meyer, a junior nursing student. 'There were [shops] across the street and also the train to go downtown was right there. I don't have any complaints about living there.'
South Campus only has one dining hall so students find that there is more of a close-knit family feel, especially when first starting off their college careers.
'When you live on South, most of the friends you make live there too so everyone is right there,' said Daniel Mecca, a senior English and media study major. 'The conditions of the buildings weren't the best, but if you're willing to take that step down, the community aspect of living on South Campus made me happy that I started my college experience there.'
The South Campus dormitories also house Main St. Store, a convenience shop, located in Goodyear Hall a dining hall, as well as Clark Gym and its basketball courts, a swimming pool and expansive gym.
Room costs are the same as Ellicott, with the exception of large doubles priced at $3,264.