Lewd and crude

The mean girl takes the stage

???The "Queen of Mean" arose from her throne and graced UB's Center for the Arts, delivering shrieks of laughter to a sold-out crowd of her dedicated peasants.

???Fresh off her brand-new HBO special, comedian Lisa Lampanelli fearlessly retold her many experiences with African Americans (both in and out of the bedroom), Hispanics, homosexuals and anything else that crossed her insightfully crass mind, in the most amusing and politically incorrect manner possible.

???Comedian Joe Bartnick opened and his jokes of domesticity and married life were a pleasant precursor to Lampanelli's antics, buttering the crowd up for the good stuff.

???Unsuspecting audience members were also deemed victims of her fodder as she left the stage more than once to get her point across and give names and faces to her insults. The deaf and those confined to wheelchairs were not spared from the vulgar insults of Lampanelli.

???Lampanelli also provided a tell-all about her devotion to hero Howard Stern and her various contributions to the roasts of Gene Simmons, Larry the Cable Guy and Flavor Flav.

???The offensive, Grammy-nominated comic described her most recent triumphs consisting of a resolution to take a year of celibacy, losing 40 pounds with Jenny Craig and a secret romantic rendezvous with a member of the Chicago Bears, launching the audience into a hysterical frenzy.

???She went on to lash out at her contemporaries Rita Rudner and Sandra Bernhardt, as well as expressing her resentment towards Jenny Craig spokesperson Valerie Bertinelli for stealing the campaign she feels justifiably belonged to her.

???Lampanelli strongly encouraged audience participation and was seemingly pleased with the minimal moans and groans when her material became especially raunchy. Her digs on the Buffalo-Niagara area, particularly the airport, were both welcome and justified.

???What sets Lampanelli apart from a radically offensive shrew is her heartfelt, whimsical personality and admittance that her material is all in good fun. Her honest attitude is refreshing in a world full of pettiness and superficiality, and in her case, reality in the form of comedy is truly the best medicine - if you can believe something that cliche.

???The comedian showed her humble side and easy going personality, making herself available at the act's conclusion for a meet and greet and autograph signing allowing anyone who wanted a piece of the queen to get near.

???Both followers and newcomers to Lampanelli's absurdity were sure to relish in her sadistically hilarious comedic performance.

???Her show can only be dubbed as everything one expects for a comedy show and much more: outlandish, offensive, yet sublimely entertaining.