"It's not me, it's Lily Allen"

B+

???The pop princess of darkness is back. Lily Allen, British singer/songwriter, has returned with her second full-length, It's Not Me, It's You.

???Her first single, "The Fear" is a catchy electro-pop song that speaks of the extreme lengths people will go to become rich and famous. Fans expect this song to become an intense remix which clubs will surely be rampantly DJing over the next few weeks.

???Another track, "Never Gonna Happen" is a not-so-subtle message to an ex-flame, urging him to get lost. At least he won't get mixed signals, as Allen makes it clear that she has moved on.

???"How on earth could I be any more obvious?/ It never really did and now it's never/ Gonna happen with the two of us," Allen sings.

??? Another hit song, "F**You (Very Much)" proves to be a final and slightly hostile send off to former President George W. Bush. Honest and completely shocking, Allen isn't afraid to give GWB a piece of her mind.

???"F*ck you, F*ck you very, very much/ 'Cause we hate what you do / And we hate your whole crew/ So please don't stay in touch," Allen sings.

Also featured on the record is "22" which describes Allen's anxiety about growing older and out of her twenties.

Noteworthy tracks include, "Not Fair" and "Everyone's At It," expressing the artist's views on sex and cocaine.

???"Why can't we all, all just be honest/ Admit to ourselves that everyone's on it/ From grown politicians to young adolescents/ Prescribing themselves antidepressants," Allen sings.

???However, the small downfall of the album is that many of the tracks have similar beats. Luckily for Allen, they're all very catchy.

As always, Allen is not afraid to tell the world how she really feels with her colorful and truthful lyrics. She reminisces of personal experiences and struggles with her family, friends and foes for song material.

???Allen's deep desire to appear unique and distinguish herself from the increasingly annoying teen Disney pop sensations that have dominated the teen radio airwaves and the always unfortunate Barbie prototype Paris Hilton is obvious. The artist wants to be an individual, which in these days is almost unheard of. It is nice to hear that Allen is and always will be unafraid to speak her mind.

Though It's Not Me, It's You will be difficult to reach the heights of her former album Alright, Still, the mouthy Brit has the potential and drive to top the charts once again in 2009.