In love and debt

???Confessions of a Shopaholic flaunts every shopping devotee's guilty pleasure - whether it's Prada, Gucci, Michael Kors or Chanel, the more the better. And yes, it will be paid for by credit card. Based on the books by the talented author Sophie Kinsella, the film hit theaters this month, drawing in shopaholics near and far.

???Rebecca Bloomwood (Isla Fisher, Horton Hears a Who) spends her days dreaming of the next sale at Barney's while struggling to pay off over ??16,000 of debt. Despite the piling bills and debt collectors with her number on speed dial, Bloomwood can't control her urge.

???On the way to an interview at an elite fashion magazine, Bloomwood is drawn into a chic store by an emerald silk scarf. After using every credit card in her pink, patent leather wallet, Bloomwood is still ??20 short.

???Fisher portrays Bloomwood perfectly, urgently bursting through the line of a hot dog vendor to be offered the money by a handsome British stranger.

???In an ironic twist, Bloomwood is forced to take a position as a financial journalist, advising others how to best spend their money while all her worldly possessions belong to credit card companies. Of course her boss happens to be Luke Brandon (Hugh Dancy, Adam), the mystery stranger.

???Under direction of P.J. Hogan, known for his film My Best Friend's Wedding, audiences will be refreshed by his ability to smooth Fisher's rough edges from her role as spunky sex-driven Gloria in Wedding Crashers to well-rounded fashion diva.

???Fisher's bouncing, Rapunzel red locks aren't the only thing gaining recognition for this film. The actress shines in her role as a thriving journalist, able to speak finance and fashion in the same column.

???A true display of Fisher's talent is her ability to hide her accent to fit the part of a New Yorker as Bloomwood essentially lives the Carrie Bradshaw lifestyle of journalist and fashionista.

???Bloomwood's roommate Suze (Krysten Ritter, Glock) is the polar opposite. Grounded, financially stable and engaged to be married, Suze tries to convert Bloomwood by encouraging her to attend shopaholic meetings to control her obsession.

???Ritter gives a convincing performance as Suze, looking stunning yet startlingly pale throughout the film. The character proves to be every girl's best friend, from ripping up Bloomwood's rent check to breaking out the tequila to drown financial sorrows.

???When Brandon is invited to a conference in Miami, Fla., he invites the magazine's newest success, Bloomwood. After a few Mojitos and too much sun, Brandon and Bloomwood perform a tango under a starry night.

???The chemistry between the two actors is palpable, turning this financial sob story into a romantic must-see.

???Not only were Fisher and Dancy able to exemplify the characters from Kinsella's series with confidence and talent, but the two also bring a sense of exuberance and comical appeal to the film.

???During their tango, the actors truly have fun with their roles as Fisher breaks out her questionable dance moves. While spinning around the dance floor equipped with a decorative yet deadly fan, she continuously and accidentally slaps Dancy in the face as he dips and twirls with her.???

???Dancy embodies the character of Brandon with his natural charm and appeal. What girl wouldn't fall for his soft blue eyes and sly smile? He is the ideal choice for Brandon as calm, collected and strikingly handsome business success.

???In a heartwarming display of love and support from friends and family, Bloomwood's financial fiasco straightens out, and she is able to pay her overdraft in thousands of pennies to spite her snooty debt collector, Derek Smeath (Robert Stanton, Gigantic.)

???His casting in the film was spot on; Stanton worked well as an overly obnoxious and devoted bank employee, mustering up the vigor to be everyone's worst enemy.

???As a timely romantic comedy of financial constraints and pesky debt, Confessions of a Shopaholic is a sweet success. With a touching message, Fisher proves credit cards can't buy everything, especially love.