McCormack and Cavanagh show incredible potential on TNT

It's all about trust.

???Monday's series premiere of Trust Me set the slate for slackers Mason McGuire (Eric McCormack) and Conner (Tom Cavanagh) as two best friends and partners working at the fictitious advertising firm Rothman, Green & Moore who spend most of their days binge drinking and soaking up the sun.

???After returning to Chicago, both are in for a reality check as they are put in charge of an advertising campaign for ArcMobile cell phone company and their boss is found dead in his office due to stress.

???In need of a new Creative Director, McGuire is promoted instantly and is forced to come up with a new pitch for ArcMobile in just a few days.

???Feeling unmotivated due to the loss of his boss, tension erupts between the two pals as Conner finds out that McGuire is going to be his new boss.

???The friction that separates the two dissipates when Mason is conflicted about how to close his pitch to the executives at ArcMobile, until receiving a text message from Conner with just the answer that he needs.

???McCormack, in his first big television role since his title character role as Will in NBC's Will & Grace ended in 2006, plays a smart yet unsure advertising director whose knack for quick thinking was the cause for his surprising promotion.

???His portrayal of this character is sharp, but there is definitely room for more character development (and he's straight-who knew?!).

???Cavanagh, as the smart, cocky, lazy and bored Conner, is hilarious, but seems a little too similar to characters he has played before, such as Dan Dorian on NBC's Scrubs.

???Nonetheless, his antics-such as stealing his deceased boss' chair moments after he has been removed from the room, or taping a piece of paper to the wall to try to pass off a major campaign idea-are both captivating and intriguing.

???Their performances may fall short separately, but when McCormack and Cavanagh are together on screen they prove to be a wonderful team.

???Whether they are lounging hung-over and nauseous by the pool in Los Angeles or finishing each other's sentences while working out a pitch in Chicago, it is obvious that the two have the chemistry that most television shows are lacking.

???Griffin Dunne (The Great Buck Howard) plays boss Tony Mink, an aggressive and ambitious man who, seemingly uncaring towards his employees, prematurely announces McGuire's promotion (even though he promised him he wouldn't) while the office newcomer, Sara Krajicek-Hunter (played by Monica Potter of Boston Legal), is a snobby and awkward writer who was promised a partnership of creative director-by the boss who just died.

???Now stuck at Rothman, Greene, & Moore without the guaranteed promotion, she tries to get her old job back at the firm she just left. Her behavior as she does so lets the audience know that she is high-maintenance and hard to work with, which promises for future drama on Trust Me.

???Finally, there is Simon Cochran... the enemy. Played by 24's Greg Ellis, the man who is the brains of the opposite side of the division plays an unconvincing "bad guy."

???Despite being somewhat predictable, Trust Me still has comedic appeal and undeniable potential to rival shows in its timeslot.

???It's a drama series, but the wise-guy pairing of McCormack and Cavanagh provide a few laugh-out-loud moments that are sure to bring back audiences week after week.

???Tune in next week at 10 p.m. on TNT. Trust me.