John DellaContrada named interim vice president for University Communications

DellaContrada replaces Vice President Nancy Paton

UB promoted John DellaContrada to interim vice president for University Communications on Wednesday.

DellaContrada, who previously served as the associate vice president for media relations and stakeholder communications, replaces outgoing Vice President for University Communications Nancy Paton.

Paton stepped down on Wednesday to join the University of Florida as the school’s vice president for strategic communications.

UB President Satish Tripathi emailed UB community members about Paton’s departure on July 31. Tripathi said Paton has “been a valued university citizen and integral member” of his senior leadership team, and mentioned her commitment to UB’s marketing and branding efforts.

“I know I am joined by Nancy’s colleagues and friends throughout the university and the community in expressing my appreciation for all that she has contributed toward advancing our university’s mission,” Tripathi said in an email. “Please join me in wishing her much continued success as she prepares for this exciting new opportunity.”

Benjamin Blanchet is the senior features editor and can be reached at benjamin.blanchet@ubspectrum.com and @BenjaminUBSpec.

BENJAMIN BLANCHET
Father Benjamin.jpg

Benjamin Blanchet is the senior engagement editor for The Spectrum. His words have been seen in The Buffalo News (Gusto) and The Sun newspapers of Western New York. Loves cryptoquip and double-doubles.