MyUB Outage Causes Students Problems

Students unsure of where or when their classes were being held on the first day of classes were met with some difficulty Monday afternoon as they tried to access their schedules at MyUB.

"I couldn't print my schedule. I just couldn't log onto MyUB. I didn't have any access," said Jeff Monaco, a junior finance major.

Computing and Information Technology reported on its university-wide alerts board at 12:04 p.m. Monday that users "may experience slowness or a connection refusal when trying to access MyUB." Other services affected were SOAR, Epayment, and Blackboard Instructor Web Interface, according to the CIT alert.

Representatives from the Student Response Center were unable to be reached by press time.

"I was trying to look at my schedule. I couldn't get onto (MyUB) at all. I had to go around the back way. I basically ended up looking at the class schedules," said Jason Rovillo, a senior English major.

Rovillo said he browsed through the class listings trying to remember which classes he registered for and figure out where and when his classes were taking place.

Other students had similar problems.

"I tried to check my schedule and print it out and my roommate also tried at her computer and neither were working so we just ended up trying to remember our schedules and go from there," said Kristin Vink, a freshman undecided major.

Vink said she tried for over an hour to access her schedule before she had to find friends in her classes for room numbers and times.

According to several students, the problem was fixed by Monday evening. CIT posted an alert on Tuesday morning stating "all MyUB services are now fully functioning."