'Right Kind Of Bulls'
Coach Quinn announces 2013 football recruiting class
Jarmarl Eiland (5) was an all-purpose athlete at Plymouth High School in Canton, Mich. Eiland is one of UB's top recruits. He was a Michigan top-60 Blue Chip player.
On Wednesday, the football team announced 18 high school seniors had committed to play ball for UB.
Head coach Jeff Quinn stated the Bulls had signed 11 players on the defensive side of the ball and six on the offensive side, in addition to one special teams player.
Here's a run down on some of the most notable recruits.
Blake Bean: ILB, 6-1, 235, Butler Community College
Bean is already enrolled here at Buffalo after completing two seasons at Butler Community College. Bean amassed a total of 113 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, two sacks, an interception, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. He brings a solid pass rush to Buffalo.
Tedroy Lynch: DE, 6-2, 245, Lackawana Junior College
With the graduation of senior defensive end Steven Means, the need for a replacement was urgent. Like Bean, Lynch brings two years of experience at the collegiate level. He is expected to make a direct impact in the Bulls' starting rotation. He is a great run-stopper and pass-rusher.
Jacob Martinez: WR, 6-0, 180, Bozeman High School/Southport, Fla.
Martinez comes to Buffalo after completing an impressive senior campaign. He compiled 1,007 yards and 19 touchdowns rushing in addition to 1,181 yards and 12 touchdowns passing. Look for Martinez to be used in the return game and as a wide receiver. He is elusive and very fast.
Brandon Crawford: OLB/DE, 6-2, 235, Madison County HS/Madison, Fla.
Crawford is a hybrid defensive specialist who possesses speed, strength and size to rush the edge or put his hand in the dirt. As a senior in high school, he earned MVP of the Florida vs. Georgia All-Star Game.
Solomon Jackson: OLB, 6-1, 230, Tucker HS/Stone Mountain, Ga.
Jackson is recruited as an outside linebacker who will have no problem learning technique on the defensive side of the ball. He possesses fast-twitch muscles due to his time spent on his high school swim team, where he was a four-year letter winner and County Champion in the 50-yard freestyle.
Jamarl Eiland: WR, 6-1, 185, Plymouth HS/Canton, Mich.
Eiland is a multipurpose player who sees time at wide receiver and quarterback. He was able to use his athleticism fully when he switched to the quarterback position. Eiland is a Michigan top-60 Blue Chip member. His father, Jamarl Sr., played at Grand Valley State for the Brian Kelly coaching staff that included Quinn.
James Coleman: RB, 6-1, 200, Christ the King HS/Queens Village, N.Y.
Andrews Dadeboe: DB, 5-11, 180, Central York HS/York, Penn.
Xavier Davis: NG, 6-2, 280, The New Schools at Carver/Atlanta, Ga.
Chris Ford: NG, 6-3, 300, Medina HS/Medina, Ohio
Jarrett Franklin: OLB,6-3, 205, Francis Howell HS/St. Charles, Mo.
Houston Glass: S, 6-2, 185, East Kentwood HS/Kentwood, Mich.
Corbin Grassman: LS, 6-2, 215, Johnstown-Monroe HS/Alexandria, Ohio
Greg Lis: ILB, 6-1, 220, DePaul Catholic HS/Lincoln Park, N.J.
Brandon Manosalvas: OL, 6-4, 280, Paramus HS/Paramus, N.J.
Boise Ross: WR, 5-11, 180, Liberty HS/Bethlehem, Penn.
Joe Schillace: FB, 6-1, 230, Auburn HS/Auburn, N.Y.
Zach Smekal: DT, 6-4, 255, Shawnee HS/Medford, N.J.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- UB Bulls defeat MAC East leader behind largest home crowd in four years
- UB Bulls Basketball tailgate canceled
- #UBTop10: The top-10 moments in Buffalo sports over break
- Around Town: Winter Brewfest, the Ice at Canalside and Lumagination
- Late UB Stampede supervisor remembered
- ‘Big time,’ big money, big problems
- UB offering chance at free semester of tuition to basketball fans
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor