Student arrested on drug charges
Police raid house, arrest alleged drug trafficker near South Campus
Erie County Sheriff’s narcotics unit raided 45 Tyler Street Wednesday morning and arrested Matthew McCarty with charges of marijuana and hallucinogenic mushrooms possession and intent to sell. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
On Wednesday morning, Erie County Sheriff's narcotics unit and the Buffalo police raided 45 Tyler St., near South Campus, and arrested UB student Matthew McCarty, a senior in the management school, for drug possession. The narcotics unit had been investigating the house prior to the arrest.
The location is known among students as a "drug house," and a place where people often come in and out.
Police found nearly three pounds of marijuana and hallucinogenic mushrooms in McCarty's home the morning of the raid, according to Buffalo police.
Following his arrest, McCarty was placed in the Erie County Holding Center Wednesday night, awaiting his arraignment. He was charged with two counts of possession, one for marijuana and the other for hallucinogenic mushrooms. Police also charged him with intent to sell the drugs. If McCarty is convicted, he could face a prison sentence of up to 25 years.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership