Student arrested on drug charges
Police raid house, arrest alleged drug trafficker near South Campus
Erie County Sheriff’s narcotics unit raided 45 Tyler Street Wednesday morning and arrested Matthew McCarty with charges of marijuana and hallucinogenic mushrooms possession and intent to sell. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
On Wednesday morning, Erie County Sheriff's narcotics unit and the Buffalo police raided 45 Tyler St., near South Campus, and arrested UB student Matthew McCarty, a senior in the management school, for drug possession. The narcotics unit had been investigating the house prior to the arrest.
The location is known among students as a "drug house," and a place where people often come in and out.
Police found nearly three pounds of marijuana and hallucinogenic mushrooms in McCarty's home the morning of the raid, according to Buffalo police.
Following his arrest, McCarty was placed in the Erie County Holding Center Wednesday night, awaiting his arraignment. He was charged with two counts of possession, one for marijuana and the other for hallucinogenic mushrooms. Police also charged him with intent to sell the drugs. If McCarty is convicted, he could face a prison sentence of up to 25 years.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Bulls survive scare with FCS opponent Duquesne
- Buffalo, we have a problem: Bulls performance against Duquesne should leave...
- Buffalo makes top 10 list for cities with best quality of life
- Spectrum 360: Football season preview video 2014
- Taking the field: Bull linebacker Lee Skinner's journey to UB
- The big men on campus
- The Licata way
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care