Bulls to play Jaspers in BracketBuster game
The Bulls will host Manhattan in the Ramada Worldwide BracketBusters on Feb.23. It will be the third time the teams will meet. Spectrum File Photo
The men's basketball team will play host to Manhattan (7-15, 5-7 Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference) on Feb. 23 for the Ramada Worldwide BracketBusters game.
Historically, the Bulls (8-14, 3-5 Mid-American Conference) own a 2-0 series lead. They've defeated the Jaspers 68-66 at Manhattan Dec. 8, 1998 and 76-71 on Nov. 30 1999 at Alumni Arena as part of a home-and-home series.
This season, Buffalo has a current 1-1 record against MAAC opponents. The squad lost to Canisius 71-64 on Nov. 30 and beat Niagara 77-67 on Dec. 8.
Manhattan averages 57.9 PPG, while allowing 62.6 PPG, and holds a 5-4 record in BracketBuster games. The Jaspers have posted wins against UNC Wilmington last season, Stony Brook in 2011, Towson in 2010 and William & Mary in 2009.
The Bulls average 65.4 PPG in scoring and are giving up 66.9 PPG against opponents this season. They hold a 4-4 record in BracketBuster games.
It will be the third time Buffalo will play an opponent from the MAAC in BracketBuster games; the team played Iona in 2006 and Saint Peter's in 2010.
The game time is yet to be determined.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Letter to the Editor
- Too many UB students are fair-weather Bulls fans
- A room of one’s own – not likely at Buffalo State
- Spectrum 360 newscast: Sept. 21, 2014
- A gen ed breakdown: understanding UB’s potential revamp
- UB screens students, monitors Ebola outbreak in Africa
- Volleyball ties for first place in Hoosier Classic
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections