Bulls to play Jaspers in BracketBuster game
The Bulls will host Manhattan in the Ramada Worldwide BracketBusters on Feb.23. It will be the third time the teams will meet. Spectrum File Photo
The men's basketball team will play host to Manhattan (7-15, 5-7 Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference) on Feb. 23 for the Ramada Worldwide BracketBusters game.
Historically, the Bulls (8-14, 3-5 Mid-American Conference) own a 2-0 series lead. They've defeated the Jaspers 68-66 at Manhattan Dec. 8, 1998 and 76-71 on Nov. 30 1999 at Alumni Arena as part of a home-and-home series.
This season, Buffalo has a current 1-1 record against MAAC opponents. The squad lost to Canisius 71-64 on Nov. 30 and beat Niagara 77-67 on Dec. 8.
Manhattan averages 57.9 PPG, while allowing 62.6 PPG, and holds a 5-4 record in BracketBuster games. The Jaspers have posted wins against UNC Wilmington last season, Stony Brook in 2011, Towson in 2010 and William & Mary in 2009.
The Bulls average 65.4 PPG in scoring and are giving up 66.9 PPG against opponents this season. They hold a 4-4 record in BracketBuster games.
It will be the third time Buffalo will play an opponent from the MAAC in BracketBuster games; the team played Iona in 2006 and Saint Peter's in 2010.
The game time is yet to be determined.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools