Bulls to play Jaspers in BracketBuster game
The Bulls will host Manhattan in the Ramada Worldwide BracketBusters on Feb.23. It will be the third time the teams will meet. Spectrum File Photo
The men's basketball team will play host to Manhattan (7-15, 5-7 Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference) on Feb. 23 for the Ramada Worldwide BracketBusters game.
Historically, the Bulls (8-14, 3-5 Mid-American Conference) own a 2-0 series lead. They've defeated the Jaspers 68-66 at Manhattan Dec. 8, 1998 and 76-71 on Nov. 30 1999 at Alumni Arena as part of a home-and-home series.
This season, Buffalo has a current 1-1 record against MAAC opponents. The squad lost to Canisius 71-64 on Nov. 30 and beat Niagara 77-67 on Dec. 8.
Manhattan averages 57.9 PPG, while allowing 62.6 PPG, and holds a 5-4 record in BracketBuster games. The Jaspers have posted wins against UNC Wilmington last season, Stony Brook in 2011, Towson in 2010 and William & Mary in 2009.
The Bulls average 65.4 PPG in scoring and are giving up 66.9 PPG against opponents this season. They hold a 4-4 record in BracketBuster games.
It will be the third time Buffalo will play an opponent from the MAAC in BracketBuster games; the team played Iona in 2006 and Saint Peter's in 2010.
The game time is yet to be determined.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- #UBTop10: The top-10 moments in Buffalo sports over break
- Around Town: Winter Brewfest, the Ice at Canalside and Lumagination
- Late UB Stampede supervisor remembered
- ‘Big time,’ big money, big problems
- UB offering chance at free semester of tuition to basketball fans
- Easy A(rts): UB's best introductory art courses
- Epic Super Bowl Halftime Shows
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor