Women's basketball projected starters
unior Nytor Longar (21), senior Nicki Hopkins (5) and sophomore Christa Baccas (44), left to right, look to change the women's basketball culture this season. Nick Fischetti /// The Spectrum
G - Margeax Gupilan 5'7" - Junior, San Valley, Calif.
Gupilan averaged 2.8 assists per game last season, primarily due to her limited minutes behind senior Ephesia Holmes. Gupilan can also score when needed, but she is a pass-first point guard.
G - Sloane Walton 5'10" - Sophomore, Elma, N.Y.
Walton was used sparingly as a freshman last season and averaged 5.0 minutes per game. This season, she will likely start alongside Gupilan.
F - Rachel Gregory 5'11" - Freshman, Indianapolis, Ind.
In high school, Gregory averaged 13.3 points, seven rebounds and 4.8 steals per game. She led the Bulls in their first exhibition with 17 points. Gregory should make an immediate impact in her first season with the Bulls.
F - Christa Baccas 6'2" - Sophomore, Hilburn, N.Y.
Baccas was a part of the Bulls' rotation last season, averaging 5.7 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. She was one of the top freshmen in the conference last year.
F - Nytor Longar 6'2" - Junior, Rochester, Minn.
Longar averaged 10.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game and was one of the Bulls' biggest offensive threats last season. She will be the Bulls' go-to player.
Player to watch:
F - Mackenzie Loesing 5'10" - Freshman, Norwood, Ohio
Loesing was an all-around threat in high school, averaging 20 points, seven steals and four assists per game. Look for her to have some breakout performances throughout the season.
Prediction: 10-19 (5-11 Mid-American Conference)
This is a rebuilding year. With new coach Felisha Legette-Jack, the Bulls will attempt to transition to the new style as fast as possible but will have a few hiccups along the way.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Taking the field: Bull linebacker Lee Skinner's journey to UB
- The big men on campus
- The Licata way
- The Dukes of hazard: Buffalo prepares for season opener against Duquesne
- Saved by the bull: the next generation
- The running of the Bulls: UB football team has three running backs competing...
- Around Town: National Buffalo Wing Festival, Canalside and kayaking in the...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care