Women's basketball projected starters
unior Nytor Longar (21), senior Nicki Hopkins (5) and sophomore Christa Baccas (44), left to right, look to change the women's basketball culture this season. Nick Fischetti /// The Spectrum
G - Margeax Gupilan 5'7" - Junior, San Valley, Calif.
Gupilan averaged 2.8 assists per game last season, primarily due to her limited minutes behind senior Ephesia Holmes. Gupilan can also score when needed, but she is a pass-first point guard.
G - Sloane Walton 5'10" - Sophomore, Elma, N.Y.
Walton was used sparingly as a freshman last season and averaged 5.0 minutes per game. This season, she will likely start alongside Gupilan.
F - Rachel Gregory 5'11" - Freshman, Indianapolis, Ind.
In high school, Gregory averaged 13.3 points, seven rebounds and 4.8 steals per game. She led the Bulls in their first exhibition with 17 points. Gregory should make an immediate impact in her first season with the Bulls.
F - Christa Baccas 6'2" - Sophomore, Hilburn, N.Y.
Baccas was a part of the Bulls' rotation last season, averaging 5.7 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. She was one of the top freshmen in the conference last year.
F - Nytor Longar 6'2" - Junior, Rochester, Minn.
Longar averaged 10.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game and was one of the Bulls' biggest offensive threats last season. She will be the Bulls' go-to player.
Player to watch:
F - Mackenzie Loesing 5'10" - Freshman, Norwood, Ohio
Loesing was an all-around threat in high school, averaging 20 points, seven steals and four assists per game. Look for her to have some breakout performances throughout the season.
Prediction: 10-19 (5-11 Mid-American Conference)
This is a rebuilding year. With new coach Felisha Legette-Jack, the Bulls will attempt to transition to the new style as fast as possible but will have a few hiccups along the way.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership