Women's basketball projected starters
unior Nytor Longar (21), senior Nicki Hopkins (5) and sophomore Christa Baccas (44), left to right, look to change the women's basketball culture this season. Nick Fischetti /// The Spectrum
G - Margeax Gupilan 5'7" - Junior, San Valley, Calif.
Gupilan averaged 2.8 assists per game last season, primarily due to her limited minutes behind senior Ephesia Holmes. Gupilan can also score when needed, but she is a pass-first point guard.
G - Sloane Walton 5'10" - Sophomore, Elma, N.Y.
Walton was used sparingly as a freshman last season and averaged 5.0 minutes per game. This season, she will likely start alongside Gupilan.
F - Rachel Gregory 5'11" - Freshman, Indianapolis, Ind.
In high school, Gregory averaged 13.3 points, seven rebounds and 4.8 steals per game. She led the Bulls in their first exhibition with 17 points. Gregory should make an immediate impact in her first season with the Bulls.
F - Christa Baccas 6'2" - Sophomore, Hilburn, N.Y.
Baccas was a part of the Bulls' rotation last season, averaging 5.7 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. She was one of the top freshmen in the conference last year.
F - Nytor Longar 6'2" - Junior, Rochester, Minn.
Longar averaged 10.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game and was one of the Bulls' biggest offensive threats last season. She will be the Bulls' go-to player.
Player to watch:
F - Mackenzie Loesing 5'10" - Freshman, Norwood, Ohio
Loesing was an all-around threat in high school, averaging 20 points, seven steals and four assists per game. Look for her to have some breakout performances throughout the season.
Prediction: 10-19 (5-11 Mid-American Conference)
This is a rebuilding year. With new coach Felisha Legette-Jack, the Bulls will attempt to transition to the new style as fast as possible but will have a few hiccups along the way.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Buffalo stunned by Ohio after last-second basket
- Bulls fall to Central Michigan 84-73
- Weird Al to come to UB this summer
- Bulls defeat Miami Ohio behind career-game by Moss
- Rachael Gregory transfers from UB
- Buffalo routs Northern Illinois in return to Alumni Arena
- Bulls’ offense sputters in a 78-68 loss to Western Michigan
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World