Men's basketball projected starters
The Bulls will be leaning on the shooting prowess of senior guard Tony Watson II to win the MAC in the 2012-13 season. Alexa Strudler /// The Spectrum
G - Jarod Oldham 6'3" - Junior, Decatur, Ill.
Last season, Oldham had the most assists at UB since the 1975-76 season. He'll need to play within himself - not get too excited or frantic - and control the pace as he gets the ball to his squad's offensive weapons.
G - Corey Raley-Ross 6'3" - Junior, Charlotte, N.C.
Raley-Ross came off the bench for the Bulls last season and appeared in more than half of the Bulls' games, but he didn't play many minutes. Raley-Ross has scary athletic ability and is the best dunker on the team. He has a lot of potential and will be a big contributor as the Bulls search for a perimeter threat to replace Zach Filzen.
F - Auraum Nuiriankh 6'6" - Junior, Baltimore, Md.
Nuiriankh started for the Bulls last year, but graduated senior Dave Barnett received most of the minutes at the three spot. Nuiriankh is known as a defensive specialist, but head coach Reggie Witherspoon said his offensive game has taken off.
F - Will Regan 6'8" - Sophomore, Buffalo, N.Y.
Regan is a local product who transferred from Virginia and sat out last year due to NCAA transfer rules. His presence in the paint as a big man will allow McCrea to work from all over the floor.
F - Javon McCrea 6'7" - Junior, Newark, N.Y.
Last year, McCrea was ranked one of the top 100 college basketball players in the country and he made first-team all-conference. With Mitchell Watt leaving, the team belongs to McCrea. He's a big man who can dominate in the paint. He is the Bulls' main offensive threat.
Player to watch
G - Tony Watson 6'2" - Senior, West Palm Beach, Fla.
Watson had a huge influence for the Bulls last season with clutch late-game shooting. He has the ability to drive and is a sniper from three-point range, which will be a big asset off the bench.
21-10 (10-6 Mid-American Conference)
The Bulls have a very difficult non-conference schedule this season and will play against Florida State and Washington State on the road - which may prove to be beneficial when the squad progresses to its conference slate. Buffalo is young, but this team returns many players who have been waiting and learning the past couple years. The Bulls are athletic and fast, and they should be fun to watch. Expect them to finish third or fourth in the MAC.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Don't Ask Anne: Schoolwork, dorming and pre-registration requirements
- UB hosts high-flying, firework-filled carnival as part of Family Weekend
- UB's Tailgate Concert Series continues with The Spin Doctors
- Buffalo’s defense finally shows up
- Bulls defeat Spartans 36-7 behind a dominant defensive performance
- Gridiron Report Card: The Spectrum grades the Bulls’ 36-7 win over Norfolk...
- À la Mode: Style Guide
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses