What's in and what's out: Spring edition
The change from snow to - well, melting snow - in Buffalo causes many changes on campus.
For one, students with seasonal depression will be wearing more smiles than shivers and frowns. Starbucks orders will transform from hot chocolates and hot vanilla lattes to iced passion tea lemonades and the new Very Berry Hibiscus Refreshers. Delta Sonic car-wash lines will become huge and you'll see shinier cars around campus. Student homes and dorms will begin to smell less like mold and more like Windex because spring-cleaning season is in.
The most evident changes on campus, though, will be the outfits people are wearing. Sweatshirts, "hipster glasses," leggings and hats are on their way out and crop tops, floral print skirts, funky headbands and sunglasses are creeping in.
This will be the first in a series of spring fashion columns I'm presenting. From trendy sunglasses to different types of prints, I'll show you the roads to a funky spring closet.
Every so often, I'll show you photos of what's in and what's out season-wise and fashion-wise. Other times, I'll share cool outfits I spy out at night or around campus. I'll also discuss nails, hair, shoes and the attitude that should come with certain outfits.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have spring outfits you'd like to share with the UB community, send 'em over! I'd love to steal new outfit ideas from the readers out there and maybe even feature you in a column.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Unprecedented number of students prompt increased tailgate patrol
- UB looks to overhaul general education requirements
- StandWithUs brings Charlotte Korchak to UB to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian...
- UB holds Suicide Prevention Week, offers QPR suicide prevention training
- Student Style Spotlight 9/18
- Around Town: UB Family Weekend, Buffalo Maritime Festival and Buffalo...
- UB Police in search of suspect
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership