What's in and what's out: Spring edition
The change from snow to - well, melting snow - in Buffalo causes many changes on campus.
For one, students with seasonal depression will be wearing more smiles than shivers and frowns. Starbucks orders will transform from hot chocolates and hot vanilla lattes to iced passion tea lemonades and the new Very Berry Hibiscus Refreshers. Delta Sonic car-wash lines will become huge and you'll see shinier cars around campus. Student homes and dorms will begin to smell less like mold and more like Windex because spring-cleaning season is in.
The most evident changes on campus, though, will be the outfits people are wearing. Sweatshirts, "hipster glasses," leggings and hats are on their way out and crop tops, floral print skirts, funky headbands and sunglasses are creeping in.
This will be the first in a series of spring fashion columns I'm presenting. From trendy sunglasses to different types of prints, I'll show you the roads to a funky spring closet.
Every so often, I'll show you photos of what's in and what's out season-wise and fashion-wise. Other times, I'll share cool outfits I spy out at night or around campus. I'll also discuss nails, hair, shoes and the attitude that should come with certain outfits.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, reach me at email@example.com. If you have spring outfits you'd like to share with the UB community, send 'em over! I'd love to steal new outfit ideas from the readers out there and maybe even feature you in a column.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Anthone Taylor uses motivation from his departed friend and current mentor to...
- Perfume Genius’ “Too Bright” casts a strikingly subtle shadow
- Animals deserve protection, but Andre Robinson doesn’t deserve jail time
- Beauty is in the details: FIFA 15 review
- From the Cradle to the Grave and back
- Lost identity in the Sonora Desert
- McCarley Gardens residents ‘at ease’ for now in Buffalo
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections