What's in and what's out: Spring edition
The change from snow to - well, melting snow - in Buffalo causes many changes on campus.
For one, students with seasonal depression will be wearing more smiles than shivers and frowns. Starbucks orders will transform from hot chocolates and hot vanilla lattes to iced passion tea lemonades and the new Very Berry Hibiscus Refreshers. Delta Sonic car-wash lines will become huge and you'll see shinier cars around campus. Student homes and dorms will begin to smell less like mold and more like Windex because spring-cleaning season is in.
The most evident changes on campus, though, will be the outfits people are wearing. Sweatshirts, "hipster glasses," leggings and hats are on their way out and crop tops, floral print skirts, funky headbands and sunglasses are creeping in.
This will be the first in a series of spring fashion columns I'm presenting. From trendy sunglasses to different types of prints, I'll show you the roads to a funky spring closet.
Every so often, I'll show you photos of what's in and what's out season-wise and fashion-wise. Other times, I'll share cool outfits I spy out at night or around campus. I'll also discuss nails, hair, shoes and the attitude that should come with certain outfits.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, reach me at email@example.com. If you have spring outfits you'd like to share with the UB community, send 'em over! I'd love to steal new outfit ideas from the readers out there and maybe even feature you in a column.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Let’s get atomic
- Two burglaries occured in the University Heights over Labor Day weekend
- Letter to the editor
- Twin Peaks aim past the clouds in their sophomore album Wild Onion
- A tale as old as time – funding for the arts insufficient in Buffalo
- National Buffalo Wing Fest 2014 was popular amongst UB students
- The Big Blue food truck rides onto UB campus
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care