Quick Hits: Men's hoops closes out regular season; wrestling, swimming & diving compete in MAC title
Freshman Matt Bitara swims the 200-yard individual medley. The Bulls are hosting the MAC Championships through Saturday evening at Alumni Arena. Chad Cooper, The Spectrum
Men's Basketball (18-9, 12-5 Mid-American Conference)
After falling to Akron (19-11, 11-6), 83-71, Tuesday in Akron, Ohio, the Bulls return home for their final game in Alumni Arena before the MAC Tournament. The Bulls have locked up at least a top four seed, and they can clinch the No. 3 seed with a win against Bowling Green (12-18, 6-10 MAC) Saturday. The Bulls will honor their seniors for Senior Day before the game. Tipoff is set for 2:30 p.m.
The Bulls will play in three games this weekend. Buffalo travels to Athens, Ga., for games at Georgia (7-6) Friday at 6 p.m., and then against Western Carolina (8-2) Saturday and Northern Florida (4-6) Sunday.
Men's Tennis (6-2)
The Bulls will be on the road this weekend for the third weekend in a row as they take on
Bryant (8-4) Friday at 6 p.m., Brown (5-5) Saturday at 10 a.m. and Boston (4-5) on Sunday at noon.
Women's Tennis (7-1)
The Bulls will host ASA College (2-0) Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Miller Tennis Center.
The Bulls were scheduled to participate in the Coppin State Tournament this weekend but all of their games were canceled.
Swimming and Diving
UB is hosting the MAC Men's Swimming and Diving Championships on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Alumni Arena.
Wrestling (3-17, 0-8 MAC)
The Bulls will compete in the MAC Wrestling Championships Saturday and Sunday at Kent State in Kent, Ohio. The Bulls' highest-seeded wrestler is sophomore Tony Lock, who is the No. 5 seed in the 184-pound weight class.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- UB Bulls defeat MAC East leader behind largest home crowd in four years
- UB Bulls Basketball tailgate canceled
- #UBTop10: The top-10 moments in Buffalo sports over break
- Around Town: Winter Brewfest, the Ice at Canalside and Lumagination
- Late UB Stampede supervisor remembered
- ‘Big time,’ big money, big problems
- UB offering chance at free semester of tuition to basketball fans
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor