Quick Hits: Men's hoops closes out regular season; wrestling, swimming & diving compete in MAC title
Freshman Matt Bitara swims the 200-yard individual medley. The Bulls are hosting the MAC Championships through Saturday evening at Alumni Arena. Chad Cooper, The Spectrum
Men's Basketball (18-9, 12-5 Mid-American Conference)
After falling to Akron (19-11, 11-6), 83-71, Tuesday in Akron, Ohio, the Bulls return home for their final game in Alumni Arena before the MAC Tournament. The Bulls have locked up at least a top four seed, and they can clinch the No. 3 seed with a win against Bowling Green (12-18, 6-10 MAC) Saturday. The Bulls will honor their seniors for Senior Day before the game. Tipoff is set for 2:30 p.m.
The Bulls will play in three games this weekend. Buffalo travels to Athens, Ga., for games at Georgia (7-6) Friday at 6 p.m., and then against Western Carolina (8-2) Saturday and Northern Florida (4-6) Sunday.
Men's Tennis (6-2)
The Bulls will be on the road this weekend for the third weekend in a row as they take on
Bryant (8-4) Friday at 6 p.m., Brown (5-5) Saturday at 10 a.m. and Boston (4-5) on Sunday at noon.
Women's Tennis (7-1)
The Bulls will host ASA College (2-0) Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Miller Tennis Center.
The Bulls were scheduled to participate in the Coppin State Tournament this weekend but all of their games were canceled.
Swimming and Diving
UB is hosting the MAC Men's Swimming and Diving Championships on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Alumni Arena.
Wrestling (3-17, 0-8 MAC)
The Bulls will compete in the MAC Wrestling Championships Saturday and Sunday at Kent State in Kent, Ohio. The Bulls' highest-seeded wrestler is sophomore Tony Lock, who is the No. 5 seed in the 184-pound weight class.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- UB students ‘make noise’ in wake of Ferguson grand jury decision
- Publishing textbooks can mean big money for professors
- Long hair because they care
- Braving the Snowvember storm
- UB joins nationwide ‘It’s On Us’ sexual assault prevention campaign
- “Home” is where the Turkey is
- R&B’s favorite ‘Boyz’ are back
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge