Quick Hits: Men's hoops closes out regular season; wrestling, swimming & diving compete in MAC title
Freshman Matt Bitara swims the 200-yard individual medley. The Bulls are hosting the MAC Championships through Saturday evening at Alumni Arena. Chad Cooper, The Spectrum
Men's Basketball (18-9, 12-5 Mid-American Conference)
After falling to Akron (19-11, 11-6), 83-71, Tuesday in Akron, Ohio, the Bulls return home for their final game in Alumni Arena before the MAC Tournament. The Bulls have locked up at least a top four seed, and they can clinch the No. 3 seed with a win against Bowling Green (12-18, 6-10 MAC) Saturday. The Bulls will honor their seniors for Senior Day before the game. Tipoff is set for 2:30 p.m.
The Bulls will play in three games this weekend. Buffalo travels to Athens, Ga., for games at Georgia (7-6) Friday at 6 p.m., and then against Western Carolina (8-2) Saturday and Northern Florida (4-6) Sunday.
Men's Tennis (6-2)
The Bulls will be on the road this weekend for the third weekend in a row as they take on
Bryant (8-4) Friday at 6 p.m., Brown (5-5) Saturday at 10 a.m. and Boston (4-5) on Sunday at noon.
Women's Tennis (7-1)
The Bulls will host ASA College (2-0) Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Miller Tennis Center.
The Bulls were scheduled to participate in the Coppin State Tournament this weekend but all of their games were canceled.
Swimming and Diving
UB is hosting the MAC Men's Swimming and Diving Championships on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Alumni Arena.
Wrestling (3-17, 0-8 MAC)
The Bulls will compete in the MAC Wrestling Championships Saturday and Sunday at Kent State in Kent, Ohio. The Bulls' highest-seeded wrestler is sophomore Tony Lock, who is the No. 5 seed in the 184-pound weight class.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Spectrum 360: Football season preview video 2014
- Taking the field: Bull linebacker Lee Skinner's journey to UB
- The big men on campus
- The Licata way
- The Dukes of hazard: Buffalo prepares for season opener against Duquesne
- Saved by the bull: the next generation
- The running of the Bulls: UB football team has three running backs competing...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care