Never Date a Girl Who Can Read
When I was younger, one of my family members, after a long night of drinking, told me to never date a girl who could read.
I wasn't quite sure how to take the advice.
Well into my last year of college, I'm still trying to determine what he meant. This is as far as I've gotten.
If there's one thing in this world that can make men powerless it's women. Come on, I know we may not all be that smart, but we're better than that.
So why not date a dumb girl who doesn't quite know how to take advantage of you?
I've had experiences with both smart and not-so-smart girls, and there are benefits to both.
If you see a pretty girl with a pile of books in front of her in the library, trust me, she's smarter than you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, just know that she will be impossible to manipulate, and she will always get what she wants.
However, she will be able to hold a conversation, which is always a plus. But there are negatives to this situation.
Take Tiger Woods, for example. Around this time last year, Woods was probably the greatest human on planet Earth. He was a multi-billionaire, was the most dominant athlete in his sport, had a whole country in love with him, and had a beautiful wife.
There was only one problem: his wife was smart enough to know something was going on.
If he had received the great advice I had, he would still be on top of the world.
Instead, his wife read his text messages and found out that he was indeed cheating on her. She proceeded to go crazy on him with a golf club and Woods crashed his SUV and eventually his life.
This is an easily avoidable situation for Woods. And I know what you're thinking; he shouldn't have cheated on his wife. Yeah, this is probably true. He shouldn't have left his text messages open for her to read, too. Again, a mistake on Woods' part.
But that is all beyond the point.
The real mistake was marrying someone who was able to sniff out his extramarital activities. Oh, and she took $110 million from him.
I'm not saying find a girl that you can get away with lying to, or cheat on. What I'm really saying is, make sure that you don't get taken advantage of. This is for your own protection.
As a man, you want to be in control, and you can achieve this by dating a dumb girl. For example, a girl from Long Island.
Personally, I would prefer a smart girl. I think I'm able to hold my own in a situation like that, but a lot of us men can't.
Don't take the title literally, I don't actually mean "never date a girl who can read." It would just be ludicrous to limit your options like that. And obviously, it would be really dumb for anyone to take dating advice from me. I mean, I did just severely reduce the number of girls in this school that will talk to me by writing this.
What I'm trying to say is, guys, just be careful about the situations you get yourselves into.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Anthone Taylor uses motivation from his departed friend and current mentor to...
- Perfume Genius’ “Too Bright” casts a strikingly subtle shadow
- Animals deserve protection, but Andre Robinson doesn’t deserve jail time
- Beauty is in the details: FIFA 15 review
- From the Cradle to the Grave and back
- Lost identity in the Sonora Desert
- McCarley Gardens residents ‘at ease’ for now in Buffalo
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections