2010 Record: 6-3 (4-1 Mid-American Conference)
2009 Record: 9-5 (7-1 MAC)
Nov. 10, 2009
Ohio 27, Buffalo 24
Ohio leads Buffalo, 10-7
Three Bobcats to watch:
QB Boo Jackson- The dual-threat quarterback has done everything for the Bobcats this season. He is tied for second in the conference with 12 touchdown passes, leads Ohio with six rushing touchdowns, and has even hauled in a 42-yard reception. If Buffalo wants to win on Saturday, they will have to start by containing Jackson.
WR Terrance McCrae- The 6-foot-4 senior receiver is a big-time redzone target for the Bobcats. He leads the MAC with seven touchdown receptions this season. The Bulls will have to keep an eye on McCrae around the goal line.
S Donvan Fletcher- The senior captain leads Ohio and is second in the MAC with his five interceptions on the season. Freshman quarterback Alex Zordich will have to think twice before throwing in the direction of this ball-hawking safety.
The Bulls will win if… the offensive line can step up and give Zordich enough time to find his playmakers. The offense has to play flawless and make no mistakes, while the defense will need to contain Jackson and the Bobcat offense. It will be nearly impossible to stop him, but limiting his production will go a long way for the Bulls.
The Bobcats will win if… they can score in the 20s. The Bulls offense has struggled all season and with a freshman quarterback on the road, mistakes are bound to happen. Ohio will need to put pressure on Zordich and force him to make quick decisions.
The Bulls offense showed signs of life in the second half last week against Miami (Ohio), but they will need to be good from the beginning in this one. They've got into the habit of falling behind early in games.
If the Bulls want any chance on Thursday night, they will need to put points on the board early. Unfortunately, they haven't shown the ability to do this. Look for Ohio to jump out early behind their star quarterback Jackson and stop the Bulls offense from keeping it competitive.
Bobcats – 35
Bulls – 10
The Ohio Bobcats are competing for a MAC East crown this season. Led by a stout defense, the Bobcats will undoubtedly provide problems for Alex Zordich and the Buffalo offense.
Buffalo needs a fast start at Peden Stadium on Thursday. I don't think it will happen, and Buffalo will end up with its fourth-straight loss before a stretch of three winnable games.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- À la Mode: Style Guide
- Unprecedented number of students prompt increased tailgate patrol
- UB looks to overhaul general education requirements
- StandWithUs brings Charlotte Korchak to UB to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian...
- UB holds Suicide Prevention Week, offers QPR suicide prevention training
- Student Style Spotlight 9/18
- Around Town: UB Family Weekend, Buffalo Maritime Festival and Buffalo...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses