2010 Record: 6-3 (4-1 Mid-American Conference)
2009 Record: 9-5 (7-1 MAC)
Nov. 10, 2009
Ohio 27, Buffalo 24
Ohio leads Buffalo, 10-7
Three Bobcats to watch:
QB Boo Jackson- The dual-threat quarterback has done everything for the Bobcats this season. He is tied for second in the conference with 12 touchdown passes, leads Ohio with six rushing touchdowns, and has even hauled in a 42-yard reception. If Buffalo wants to win on Saturday, they will have to start by containing Jackson.
WR Terrance McCrae- The 6-foot-4 senior receiver is a big-time redzone target for the Bobcats. He leads the MAC with seven touchdown receptions this season. The Bulls will have to keep an eye on McCrae around the goal line.
S Donvan Fletcher- The senior captain leads Ohio and is second in the MAC with his five interceptions on the season. Freshman quarterback Alex Zordich will have to think twice before throwing in the direction of this ball-hawking safety.
The Bulls will win if… the offensive line can step up and give Zordich enough time to find his playmakers. The offense has to play flawless and make no mistakes, while the defense will need to contain Jackson and the Bobcat offense. It will be nearly impossible to stop him, but limiting his production will go a long way for the Bulls.
The Bobcats will win if… they can score in the 20s. The Bulls offense has struggled all season and with a freshman quarterback on the road, mistakes are bound to happen. Ohio will need to put pressure on Zordich and force him to make quick decisions.
The Bulls offense showed signs of life in the second half last week against Miami (Ohio), but they will need to be good from the beginning in this one. They've got into the habit of falling behind early in games.
If the Bulls want any chance on Thursday night, they will need to put points on the board early. Unfortunately, they haven't shown the ability to do this. Look for Ohio to jump out early behind their star quarterback Jackson and stop the Bulls offense from keeping it competitive.
Bobcats – 35
Bulls – 10
The Ohio Bobcats are competing for a MAC East crown this season. Led by a stout defense, the Bobcats will undoubtedly provide problems for Alex Zordich and the Buffalo offense.
Buffalo needs a fast start at Peden Stadium on Thursday. I don't think it will happen, and Buffalo will end up with its fourth-straight loss before a stretch of three winnable games.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- James Gardner named interim dean of law school
- Skeete fuels second-half run as Bulls defeat Drexel
- A new shift
- A source of pride – and debt
- Reviving the Buffalo waterfront with Buffalo RiverWorks
- The Proles: A lesson in how to rock and roll
- Katy Perry will always be my “Teenage Dream” and she deserves to perform...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
- The Most Dangerous Time of the Year? Safety Tips for the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists