Rugby team to play at UB Stadium
Not all students are aware that one of the most popular international sports can be found on campus at UB. Between Division I athletics and intramural sports, rugby has quietly become one of the most followed clubs at Buffalo.
With fall session in the books, the Bulls have been using the spring offseason to prepare for next year. The club will face off head-to-head with Brockport for an exhibition match under the lights this Friday night at UB Stadium.
Typically, the club competes on the field behind the Ellicott tennis courts. The location has turned fans away as the team has averaged approximately 20 spectators at the home events.
Rugby club vice president, Patrick Hughes, believes that sports fans are drawn to the consistent pace of a rugby game.
"It's a great game with a lot of tradition," Hughes said. "It is a very violent and hard-hitting game that people are going to enjoy."
The Rugby club wrapped up their fall schedule after boasting a 4-2 record. The team has attended numerous tournaments throughout the country, including a successful outing in Savannah, Ga.
Hughes feels that games at UB Stadium will give fans a chance to see the intense aspects of rugby while giving the team a chance to show their skills to the public.
"It is a big game," Hughes said. "But we are very confident in our team and we hope to give the crowd a good showing."
The game is scheduled to begin Friday at 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Buffalo stunned by Ohio after last-second basket
- Bulls fall to Central Michigan 84-73
- Weird Al to come to UB this summer
- Bulls defeat Miami Ohio behind career-game by Moss
- Rachael Gregory transfers from UB
- Buffalo routs Northern Illinois in return to Alumni Arena
- Bulls’ offense sputters in a 78-68 loss to Western Michigan
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
- 5 Seasonal Invaders and How to Keep Them Out in the Cold
- Not Just a Man's World, Female Entrepreneurs Are Making...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World