Rugby team to play at UB Stadium
Not all students are aware that one of the most popular international sports can be found on campus at UB. Between Division I athletics and intramural sports, rugby has quietly become one of the most followed clubs at Buffalo.
With fall session in the books, the Bulls have been using the spring offseason to prepare for next year. The club will face off head-to-head with Brockport for an exhibition match under the lights this Friday night at UB Stadium.
Typically, the club competes on the field behind the Ellicott tennis courts. The location has turned fans away as the team has averaged approximately 20 spectators at the home events.
Rugby club vice president, Patrick Hughes, believes that sports fans are drawn to the consistent pace of a rugby game.
"It's a great game with a lot of tradition," Hughes said. "It is a very violent and hard-hitting game that people are going to enjoy."
The Rugby club wrapped up their fall schedule after boasting a 4-2 record. The team has attended numerous tournaments throughout the country, including a successful outing in Savannah, Ga.
Hughes feels that games at UB Stadium will give fans a chance to see the intense aspects of rugby while giving the team a chance to show their skills to the public.
"It is a big game," Hughes said. "But we are very confident in our team and we hope to give the crowd a good showing."
The game is scheduled to begin Friday at 7 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- UB Bulls dominate Massachusetts 41-21 in season finale
- UB students ‘make noise’ in wake of Ferguson grand jury decision
- Publishing textbooks can mean big money for professors
- Long hair because they care
- Braving the Snowvember storm
- UB joins nationwide ‘It’s On Us’ sexual assault prevention campaign
- “Home” is where the Turkey is
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge