Licata to start at quarterback Saturday
Quarterback Joe Licata, pictured above as the quarterback for local Williamsville South High School, will get his first collegiate start on Saturday against Miami Ohio. Mark Mulville /// The Buffalo News
Redshirt freshman quarterback Joe Licata, who graduated from local Williamsville South High School, will get his first career start this Saturday as Buffalo takes on Miami Ohio (4-4, 3-1 Mid-American Conference) at UB Stadium. Licata replaces junior Alex Zordich.
The news comes just a week after Licata nearly led Buffalo to an upset over Toledo (8-1, 4-0 MAC).
Late in the third quarter, Licata stepped in for Zordich - who was "shaken up," according to head coach Jeff Quinn - and led the Bulls on a seven-play, 73-yard drive that ended in a touchdown pass. He finished with five completions on 11 attempts for 68 yards and a touchdown.
So far this season, the Bulls' scoring offense ranks 12th in the MAC through eight games with Zordich as the starter.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?