Mitchell Watt: All-American
Senior center has been selected to play in the Reese’s College All-Star Game. The game will be played this Friday as part of the Final Four weekend in New Orleans. Meg Kinsley // The Spectrum
The season may be over for the men's basketball team, but that doesn't mean the season has stopped for one Bull.
Senior forward Mitchell Watt earned national recognition on Tuesday when he was announced as a member of the 2012 Reese's All-Star Game. The game features 20 select seniors from across the nation, and will be played on the Final Four floor at the Superdome in New Orleans this Friday.
"It's an honor," Watt said. "It's pretty cool that I can go out this time of year and represent this team and this program. Especially on a prestigious stage such as the Final Four."
The game will be another opportunity for Watt to showcase his skills against some of the best players in the country, as well as in front of NBA scouts.
The senior will get more than one opportunity to do so because he was invited to the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament from April 11-14, where he will also play in front of representatives from all 30 NBA teams. Watt is eager to showcase his skills for those who are making decisions at the next level.
"I'd definitely rather play in the United States than overseas," Watt said. "I think I'll be able to get [to the NBA] with the determination and hard work [I'm putting in]."
The recognition stems from his outstanding senior season, in which Watt was named Mid-American Conference Player of the Year - and those accolades continued post-season.
On Monday, the Associated Press named Watt as an honorable mention to its All-America team. In terms of Buffalo history, Watt is only the second player to reach that plateau after former guard Turner Battle. Watt was also the only player from the MAC selected.
Fans wishing to watch Watt in the Reese's All-Star Game can tune in to TruTV Saturday at 1 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!