Mitchell Watt: All-American
Senior center has been selected to play in the Reese’s College All-Star Game. The game will be played this Friday as part of the Final Four weekend in New Orleans. Meg Kinsley // The Spectrum
The season may be over for the men's basketball team, but that doesn't mean the season has stopped for one Bull.
Senior forward Mitchell Watt earned national recognition on Tuesday when he was announced as a member of the 2012 Reese's All-Star Game. The game features 20 select seniors from across the nation, and will be played on the Final Four floor at the Superdome in New Orleans this Friday.
"It's an honor," Watt said. "It's pretty cool that I can go out this time of year and represent this team and this program. Especially on a prestigious stage such as the Final Four."
The game will be another opportunity for Watt to showcase his skills against some of the best players in the country, as well as in front of NBA scouts.
The senior will get more than one opportunity to do so because he was invited to the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament from April 11-14, where he will also play in front of representatives from all 30 NBA teams. Watt is eager to showcase his skills for those who are making decisions at the next level.
"I'd definitely rather play in the United States than overseas," Watt said. "I think I'll be able to get [to the NBA] with the determination and hard work [I'm putting in]."
The recognition stems from his outstanding senior season, in which Watt was named Mid-American Conference Player of the Year - and those accolades continued post-season.
On Monday, the Associated Press named Watt as an honorable mention to its All-America team. In terms of Buffalo history, Watt is only the second player to reach that plateau after former guard Turner Battle. Watt was also the only player from the MAC selected.
Fans wishing to watch Watt in the Reese's All-Star Game can tune in to TruTV Saturday at 1 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- James Gardner named interim dean of law school
- Skeete fuels second-half run as Bulls defeat Drexel
- A new shift
- A source of pride – and debt
- Reviving the Buffalo waterfront with Buffalo RiverWorks
- The Proles: A lesson in how to rock and roll
- Katy Perry will always be my “Teenage Dream” and she deserves to perform...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
- The Most Dangerous Time of the Year? Safety Tips for the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists