Quick Hits: David wins MAC singles Player of the Week; softball opens home schedule
Sophomore second baseman Ryleigh Fitzgerald and the softball team will host Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan this weekend. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Baseball (13-12, 4-4 Mid-American Conference)
The Bulls face Western Michigan (13-15, 4-5 MAC) in a three-game series this weekend at Monroe Community College's Tribune Field in Rochester. The series was supposed to be Buffalo's home opener at Amherst Audubon Field, but it was moved to Tribune Field due to field conditions. This is the second home series this season the Bulls have moved to Rochester. The first game is set for Friday at 4 p.m.
Softball (17-16, 1-1 MAC)
In their home opener at Nan Harvey Field Wednesday, the Bulls faced Niagara in a doubleheader. Buffalo split the two games, losing 9-8 before prevailing in the second game, 6-3, in five innings.
Buffalo hosts both Central Michigan (23-11, 3-1 MAC) and Eastern Michigan (9-24, 0-6 MAC) this weekend. Buffalo will face the Chippewas for a doubleheader starting at 1 p.m. Friday and then play the Eagles Saturday and Sunday.
Women's Tennis (12-4, 3-2 MAC)
The Bulls will be on the road this weekend for games against Western Michigan (12-8, 1-3 MAC) and Bowling Green (8-6, 2-2 MAC). Buffalo faces the Broncos Friday and the Falcons Saturday. Both matches are set for 1 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse (5-3, 0-1 Pioneer Collegiate Lacrosse League)
After playing their first two home games of the season last weekend, the Bulls will play three road games this weekend. Buffalo will face New Hampshire (1-3) Friday, No. 16 Northeastern (6-1, 2-0 PCLL) Saturday and Connecticut (4-1, 1-0 PCLL) Sunday.
Men's Tennis (11-5, 1-1 MAC)
Junior Damien David won MAC singles Player of the Week. David had two victories at No. 1 singles last weekend, clinching a 4-3 victory for the No. 72 Bulls over Binghamton (10-8). He followed that performance with a win over the Broncos' Nadin Indre Sunday to help defeat Western Michigan (11-10, 0-2 MAC), 4-3.
Buffalo does not play this weekend but will return to the court April 18 to face Northern Illinois (16-5, 2-0 MAC) on the road. The Bulls close the regular season April 20 at Ball State (9-11, 0-2 MAC).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- UB students ‘make noise’ in wake of Ferguson grand jury decision
- Publishing textbooks can mean big money for professors
- Long hair because they care
- Braving the Snowvember storm
- UB joins nationwide ‘It’s On Us’ sexual assault prevention campaign
- “Home” is where the Turkey is
- R&B’s favorite ‘Boyz’ are back
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge