Quick Hits: David wins MAC singles Player of the Week; softball opens home schedule
Sophomore second baseman Ryleigh Fitzgerald and the softball team will host Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan this weekend. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Baseball (13-12, 4-4 Mid-American Conference)
The Bulls face Western Michigan (13-15, 4-5 MAC) in a three-game series this weekend at Monroe Community College's Tribune Field in Rochester. The series was supposed to be Buffalo's home opener at Amherst Audubon Field, but it was moved to Tribune Field due to field conditions. This is the second home series this season the Bulls have moved to Rochester. The first game is set for Friday at 4 p.m.
Softball (17-16, 1-1 MAC)
In their home opener at Nan Harvey Field Wednesday, the Bulls faced Niagara in a doubleheader. Buffalo split the two games, losing 9-8 before prevailing in the second game, 6-3, in five innings.
Buffalo hosts both Central Michigan (23-11, 3-1 MAC) and Eastern Michigan (9-24, 0-6 MAC) this weekend. Buffalo will face the Chippewas for a doubleheader starting at 1 p.m. Friday and then play the Eagles Saturday and Sunday.
Women's Tennis (12-4, 3-2 MAC)
The Bulls will be on the road this weekend for games against Western Michigan (12-8, 1-3 MAC) and Bowling Green (8-6, 2-2 MAC). Buffalo faces the Broncos Friday and the Falcons Saturday. Both matches are set for 1 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse (5-3, 0-1 Pioneer Collegiate Lacrosse League)
After playing their first two home games of the season last weekend, the Bulls will play three road games this weekend. Buffalo will face New Hampshire (1-3) Friday, No. 16 Northeastern (6-1, 2-0 PCLL) Saturday and Connecticut (4-1, 1-0 PCLL) Sunday.
Men's Tennis (11-5, 1-1 MAC)
Junior Damien David won MAC singles Player of the Week. David had two victories at No. 1 singles last weekend, clinching a 4-3 victory for the No. 72 Bulls over Binghamton (10-8). He followed that performance with a win over the Broncos' Nadin Indre Sunday to help defeat Western Michigan (11-10, 0-2 MAC), 4-3.
Buffalo does not play this weekend but will return to the court April 18 to face Northern Illinois (16-5, 2-0 MAC) on the road. The Bulls close the regular season April 20 at Ball State (9-11, 0-2 MAC).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- A gen ed breakdown: understanding UB’s potential revamp
- UB screens students, monitors Ebola outbreak in Africa
- Volleyball ties for first place in Hoosier Classic
- Bulls lose last non-conference game
- How to get away with angering the journalistic community
- Revised Regents a boon to struggling schools
- Quick Hits: Volleyball three-way ties for first place in tournament; Men’s...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses