Quick Hits: David wins MAC singles Player of the Week; softball opens home schedule
Sophomore second baseman Ryleigh Fitzgerald and the softball team will host Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan this weekend. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Baseball (13-12, 4-4 Mid-American Conference)
The Bulls face Western Michigan (13-15, 4-5 MAC) in a three-game series this weekend at Monroe Community College's Tribune Field in Rochester. The series was supposed to be Buffalo's home opener at Amherst Audubon Field, but it was moved to Tribune Field due to field conditions. This is the second home series this season the Bulls have moved to Rochester. The first game is set for Friday at 4 p.m.
Softball (17-16, 1-1 MAC)
In their home opener at Nan Harvey Field Wednesday, the Bulls faced Niagara in a doubleheader. Buffalo split the two games, losing 9-8 before prevailing in the second game, 6-3, in five innings.
Buffalo hosts both Central Michigan (23-11, 3-1 MAC) and Eastern Michigan (9-24, 0-6 MAC) this weekend. Buffalo will face the Chippewas for a doubleheader starting at 1 p.m. Friday and then play the Eagles Saturday and Sunday.
Women's Tennis (12-4, 3-2 MAC)
The Bulls will be on the road this weekend for games against Western Michigan (12-8, 1-3 MAC) and Bowling Green (8-6, 2-2 MAC). Buffalo faces the Broncos Friday and the Falcons Saturday. Both matches are set for 1 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse (5-3, 0-1 Pioneer Collegiate Lacrosse League)
After playing their first two home games of the season last weekend, the Bulls will play three road games this weekend. Buffalo will face New Hampshire (1-3) Friday, No. 16 Northeastern (6-1, 2-0 PCLL) Saturday and Connecticut (4-1, 1-0 PCLL) Sunday.
Men's Tennis (11-5, 1-1 MAC)
Junior Damien David won MAC singles Player of the Week. David had two victories at No. 1 singles last weekend, clinching a 4-3 victory for the No. 72 Bulls over Binghamton (10-8). He followed that performance with a win over the Broncos' Nadin Indre Sunday to help defeat Western Michigan (11-10, 0-2 MAC), 4-3.
Buffalo does not play this weekend but will return to the court April 18 to face Northern Illinois (16-5, 2-0 MAC) on the road. The Bulls close the regular season April 20 at Ball State (9-11, 0-2 MAC).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Buffalo stunned by Ohio after last-second basket
- Bulls fall to Central Michigan 84-73
- Weird Al to come to UB this summer
- Bulls defeat Miami Ohio behind career-game by Moss
- Rachael Gregory transfers from UB
- Buffalo routs Northern Illinois in return to Alumni Arena
- Bulls’ offense sputters in a 78-68 loss to Western Michigan
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG