Quick Hits: David wins MAC singles Player of the Week; softball opens home schedule
Sophomore second baseman Ryleigh Fitzgerald and the softball team will host Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan this weekend. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Baseball (13-12, 4-4 Mid-American Conference)
The Bulls face Western Michigan (13-15, 4-5 MAC) in a three-game series this weekend at Monroe Community College's Tribune Field in Rochester. The series was supposed to be Buffalo's home opener at Amherst Audubon Field, but it was moved to Tribune Field due to field conditions. This is the second home series this season the Bulls have moved to Rochester. The first game is set for Friday at 4 p.m.
Softball (17-16, 1-1 MAC)
In their home opener at Nan Harvey Field Wednesday, the Bulls faced Niagara in a doubleheader. Buffalo split the two games, losing 9-8 before prevailing in the second game, 6-3, in five innings.
Buffalo hosts both Central Michigan (23-11, 3-1 MAC) and Eastern Michigan (9-24, 0-6 MAC) this weekend. Buffalo will face the Chippewas for a doubleheader starting at 1 p.m. Friday and then play the Eagles Saturday and Sunday.
Women's Tennis (12-4, 3-2 MAC)
The Bulls will be on the road this weekend for games against Western Michigan (12-8, 1-3 MAC) and Bowling Green (8-6, 2-2 MAC). Buffalo faces the Broncos Friday and the Falcons Saturday. Both matches are set for 1 p.m.
Men's Lacrosse (5-3, 0-1 Pioneer Collegiate Lacrosse League)
After playing their first two home games of the season last weekend, the Bulls will play three road games this weekend. Buffalo will face New Hampshire (1-3) Friday, No. 16 Northeastern (6-1, 2-0 PCLL) Saturday and Connecticut (4-1, 1-0 PCLL) Sunday.
Men's Tennis (11-5, 1-1 MAC)
Junior Damien David won MAC singles Player of the Week. David had two victories at No. 1 singles last weekend, clinching a 4-3 victory for the No. 72 Bulls over Binghamton (10-8). He followed that performance with a win over the Broncos' Nadin Indre Sunday to help defeat Western Michigan (11-10, 0-2 MAC), 4-3.
Buffalo does not play this weekend but will return to the court April 18 to face Northern Illinois (16-5, 2-0 MAC) on the road. The Bulls close the regular season April 20 at Ball State (9-11, 0-2 MAC).
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus