Quick Hits: David wins MAC Player of the Year, baseball and softball head toward stretch run of seas
Sophomore catcher Kyle Brennan and the baseball team will go on the road to face Ohio this weekend for a three-game series. Chad Cooper, The Spectrum
Baseball (20-16, 11-6 Mid-American Conference)
After having their doubleheader against Niagara (13-24, 6-10 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) Tuesday postponed, the Bulls go on the road to face Ohio (8-31, 4-14 MAC), which is currently in last place in the MAC East. The first game of the three-game series will take place Friday at 6 p.m. Games Saturday and Sunday are set for 3 p.m. and 1 p.m., respectively.
Softball (25-20, 9-5 MAC)
The Bulls close out the regular season with two games against MAC East-leading Kent State (24-16, 10-4 MAC) Saturday and Sunday. Buffalo has already clinched a berth in the MAC Tournament, which will be held in Akron, Ohio, starting May 7. It will only be the Bulls' third appearance in the tournament and their first since 2010.
Men's Tennis (12-8, 2-4 MAC)
Junior Damien David won MAC Player of the Year Tuesday. David went 10-9 overall in singles play, including a 3-1 record in the MAC. This is the second straight year a Bull has won this honor, as former Bull Vusa Hove won the award last season. Junior Sebastian Ionescu was named to the All-MAC second team.
Men's Lacrosse (7-6, 1-4 Pioneer Collegiate Lacrosse League)
The Bulls face Connecticut (6-5, 3-2 PCLL) in Storrs, Conn., Friday for the first round of the PCLL playoffs. The game is set for 8 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Students for Justice in Palestine comes back to UB
- Let’s get atomic: Student takes on Buffalo wing eating contest
- Two burglaries occured in the University Heights over Labor Day weekend
- Letter to the editor
- Twin Peaks aim past the clouds in their sophomore album Wild Onion
- A tale as old as time – funding for the arts insufficient in Buffalo
- National Buffalo Wing Fest 2014 was popular amongst UB students
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care