A breath of fresh air
Tunes that must accompany your Spring Break
The end of winter sadness is finally upon us.
Whether you're heading to a sunny vacation or staying in Buffalo's winter wonderland, here are 10 classic tunes to add to your playlist that will help you live - or relive - good times during Spring Break.
"Paradise City," Guns N' Roses
Many of us will be spending Spring Break somewhere fun, and what better way to kick off your travels than with the '80s rock song "Paradise City?" The lyrics scream parties, fun and all crazy things that might commence during a college Spring Break. Plus, it perfectly depicts a picture of a paradise city. Who knows, you might just find yourself where "the grass is green and the girls are pretty."
"Turn Down For What," DJ Snake & Lil Jon
If you haven't heard this song, you aren't partying hard enough. And what smarter way to get people hyped than screaming at the top of your lungs in a Lil Jon voice? He never turns down for anything, and neither should you this Spring Break. Just do yourself a favor and don't get arrested.
"Toes," Zac Brown Band
So, your plane touched down and all you see is sunshine and palm trees.
Before you throw back some cerveza, this hit country tune will ease you into the euphoric feeling of arriving in paradise. Listen to how relaxing the lyrics are: "I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand / Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand / Life is good today / Life is good today." There are no worries in this song - and there should not be any worries while you are sitting on the beach soaking in the sun.
"No Sleep," Wiz Khalifa
So you booked a flight to Panama City, Fla., and spent hundreds of dollars to make that happen. Do you really think you're going to waste time not getting rowdy? Didn't think so.
"No Sleep" is the perfect song to explain the late-night endeavor that leads to you asking the next morning, "What the hell happened?" Just play this song and sing, "Last night I let the party get the best of me."
"We Can't Stop," Miley Cyrus
Miley Cyrus has established herself as a pop artist who does whatever she wants, fearless of consequences. Her hit song "We Can't Stop" is a ballad for all the party animals out there.
"It's our party, we can do what we want / It's our party, we can say what we want / It's our party, we can love who we want / We can kiss who we want / We can sing what we want." It's your trip, it's your life, and you only get one. So do what you want this Spring Break.
"Take A Back Road," Rodney Atkins
Nice weather changes our mood and routine. Instead of taking your normal route home, you might take a scenic way to enjoy the climate while you have the chance.
"Take a Back Road" is the anthem for drivers who want to spend their time cruising in the beautiful sunshine.
"Ignition Remix," R. Kelly
This song has to be on your playlist when you embark on the best Spring Break of your college career. It gets you fired up. Not the kind of fired up that makes you want to run through a wall, but a nice, smooth type of energy that gives you swag with that special lady or man.
If you want to exude confidence in the club during Spring Break, listen to R. Kelly's "Ignition Remix." Just don't follow all of his antics, because you may find yourself in trouble.
"Pour Some Sugar On Me," Def Leppard
"Pour Some Sugar On Me" gets listeners Arnold Schwarzenegger pumped. Don't believe me? Play this song, and you'll find yourself partying like a rock star with a bunch of groupies surrounding you. Just make sure you don't give out your number to weird people at the bar. You might find yourself in a hot-and-sticky-sweet situation.
"You Make Me," Avicii
Avicii knows how to party. If you watch YouTube videos of his concerts, you'll see sold-out arenas screaming for the Swedish star. What is remarkable about his music is his ability to create raw emotion through the use of a synthesizer and turntables. The progressive house/electro house song will get you excited and help you relax while enjoying Spring Break.
"Closing Time," Semisonic
Is there a better song to listen to while finishing your trip than "Closing Time?" The famous '90s tune has served as the concluding song at tons of events over the years. Leave behind your favorite Spring Break hot spot with the lines "Gather up your jacket / Move it to the exits." Make sure the song is at the end of your playlist so you're a fully satisfied Spring Breaker.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Anthone Taylor uses motivation from his departed friend and current mentor to...
- Perfume Genius’ “Too Bright” casts a strikingly subtle shadow
- Animals deserve protection, but Andre Robinson doesn’t deserve jail time
- Beauty is in the details: FIFA 15 review
- From the Cradle to the Grave and back
- Lost identity in the Sonora Desert
- McCarley Gardens residents ‘at ease’ for now in Buffalo
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Got a Headache? Manage it With Chiropractic Care
- 3 Pescadores Rescatados en el Mar gracias a Dispositivo GPS
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections