Quick Hits: Weekend Preview
Brittney Kuras and the Bulls travel to Ball State for their final MAC dual meet of the season. Spectrum File Photo
The men's basketball, men's tennis, swimming and diving, track & field, women's tennis and wrestling teams will be in action this weekend.
Men's basketball (11-6, 5-2 Mid-American Conference)
The men's basketball team defeated Western Michigan (11-8, 4-3 MAC), 84-63, Wednesday night at Alumni Arena. Senior forward Javon McCrea scored 20 points for the third consecutive game and freshman guard Shannon Evans added 17 points in addition to dishing out seven assists.
The Bulls travel to Bowling Green (9-10, 3-3 MAC) on Sunday. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.
Men's tennis (1-0)
The men's tennis team hosts Cleveland State on Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Miller Tennis Center in Williamsville. The Bulls are currently ranked No. 70 in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association's Top 75 team rankings.
Swimming and Diving
The swimming and diving teams will be in Munice, Ala., on Saturday to take on Ball State. The women will compete at 11 a.m. and the men follow at 2 p.m.
Track & Field
The track & field team competes in the Eastern Michigan Invitational this Saturday in Ypsilanti, Mich.
Sophomore long jumper Ryan Billian was named MAC men's Field Athlete of the Week on Tuesday. Billian won the long jump and set the UB record in the process with a jump of 7.60 meters at the Upstate Challenge in Ithaca, N.Y., this past weekend.
Women's tennis (1-0)
The women's tennis team will travel to Cornell on Friday looking to build on its impressive start to the season. The match begins at 4 p.m.
Wrestling (2-12, 0-5 MAC)
The wrestling team travels to nationally ranked Edinboro (7-3) on Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- James Gardner named interim dean of law school
- Skeete fuels second-half run as Bulls defeat Drexel
- A new shift
- A source of pride – and debt
- Reviving the Buffalo waterfront with Buffalo RiverWorks
- The Proles: A lesson in how to rock and roll
- Katy Perry will always be my “Teenage Dream” and she deserves to perform...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists