Quick Hits: Weekend Preview
Brittney Kuras and the Bulls travel to Ball State for their final MAC dual meet of the season. Spectrum File Photo
The men's basketball, men's tennis, swimming and diving, track & field, women's tennis and wrestling teams will be in action this weekend.
Men's basketball (11-6, 5-2 Mid-American Conference)
The men's basketball team defeated Western Michigan (11-8, 4-3 MAC), 84-63, Wednesday night at Alumni Arena. Senior forward Javon McCrea scored 20 points for the third consecutive game and freshman guard Shannon Evans added 17 points in addition to dishing out seven assists.
The Bulls travel to Bowling Green (9-10, 3-3 MAC) on Sunday. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.
Men's tennis (1-0)
The men's tennis team hosts Cleveland State on Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Miller Tennis Center in Williamsville. The Bulls are currently ranked No. 70 in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association's Top 75 team rankings.
Swimming and Diving
The swimming and diving teams will be in Munice, Ala., on Saturday to take on Ball State. The women will compete at 11 a.m. and the men follow at 2 p.m.
Track & Field
The track & field team competes in the Eastern Michigan Invitational this Saturday in Ypsilanti, Mich.
Sophomore long jumper Ryan Billian was named MAC men's Field Athlete of the Week on Tuesday. Billian won the long jump and set the UB record in the process with a jump of 7.60 meters at the Upstate Challenge in Ithaca, N.Y., this past weekend.
Women's tennis (1-0)
The women's tennis team will travel to Cornell on Friday looking to build on its impressive start to the season. The match begins at 4 p.m.
Wrestling (2-12, 0-5 MAC)
The wrestling team travels to nationally ranked Edinboro (7-3) on Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”
- CDA Launches New Digital Copper Learning Center