Quick Hits: Weekend Preview
Brittney Kuras and the Bulls travel to Ball State for their final MAC dual meet of the season. Spectrum File Photo
The men's basketball, men's tennis, swimming and diving, track & field, women's tennis and wrestling teams will be in action this weekend.
Men's basketball (11-6, 5-2 Mid-American Conference)
The men's basketball team defeated Western Michigan (11-8, 4-3 MAC), 84-63, Wednesday night at Alumni Arena. Senior forward Javon McCrea scored 20 points for the third consecutive game and freshman guard Shannon Evans added 17 points in addition to dishing out seven assists.
The Bulls travel to Bowling Green (9-10, 3-3 MAC) on Sunday. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.
Men's tennis (1-0)
The men's tennis team hosts Cleveland State on Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Miller Tennis Center in Williamsville. The Bulls are currently ranked No. 70 in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association's Top 75 team rankings.
Swimming and Diving
The swimming and diving teams will be in Munice, Ala., on Saturday to take on Ball State. The women will compete at 11 a.m. and the men follow at 2 p.m.
Track & Field
The track & field team competes in the Eastern Michigan Invitational this Saturday in Ypsilanti, Mich.
Sophomore long jumper Ryan Billian was named MAC men's Field Athlete of the Week on Tuesday. Billian won the long jump and set the UB record in the process with a jump of 7.60 meters at the Upstate Challenge in Ithaca, N.Y., this past weekend.
Women's tennis (1-0)
The women's tennis team will travel to Cornell on Friday looking to build on its impressive start to the season. The match begins at 4 p.m.
Wrestling (2-12, 0-5 MAC)
The wrestling team travels to nationally ranked Edinboro (7-3) on Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- UB students ‘make noise’ in wake of Ferguson grand jury decision
- Publishing textbooks can mean big money for professors
- Long hair because they care
- Braving the Snowvember storm
- UB joins nationwide ‘It’s On Us’ sexual assault prevention campaign
- “Home” is where the Turkey is
- R&B’s favorite ‘Boyz’ are back
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge