Quick Hits: Weekend Preview
Brittney Kuras and the Bulls travel to Ball State for their final MAC dual meet of the season. Spectrum File Photo
The men's basketball, men's tennis, swimming and diving, track & field, women's tennis and wrestling teams will be in action this weekend.
Men's basketball (11-6, 5-2 Mid-American Conference)
The men's basketball team defeated Western Michigan (11-8, 4-3 MAC), 84-63, Wednesday night at Alumni Arena. Senior forward Javon McCrea scored 20 points for the third consecutive game and freshman guard Shannon Evans added 17 points in addition to dishing out seven assists.
The Bulls travel to Bowling Green (9-10, 3-3 MAC) on Sunday. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.
Men's tennis (1-0)
The men's tennis team hosts Cleveland State on Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Miller Tennis Center in Williamsville. The Bulls are currently ranked No. 70 in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association's Top 75 team rankings.
Swimming and Diving
The swimming and diving teams will be in Munice, Ala., on Saturday to take on Ball State. The women will compete at 11 a.m. and the men follow at 2 p.m.
Track & Field
The track & field team competes in the Eastern Michigan Invitational this Saturday in Ypsilanti, Mich.
Sophomore long jumper Ryan Billian was named MAC men's Field Athlete of the Week on Tuesday. Billian won the long jump and set the UB record in the process with a jump of 7.60 meters at the Upstate Challenge in Ithaca, N.Y., this past weekend.
Women's tennis (1-0)
The women's tennis team will travel to Cornell on Friday looking to build on its impressive start to the season. The match begins at 4 p.m.
Wrestling (2-12, 0-5 MAC)
The wrestling team travels to nationally ranked Edinboro (7-3) on Saturday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Bulls survive scare with FCS opponent Duquesne
- Buffalo, we have a problem: Bulls performance against Duquesne should leave...
- Buffalo makes top 10 list for cities with best quality of life
- Spectrum 360: Football season preview video 2014
- Taking the field: Bull linebacker Lee Skinner's journey to UB
- The big men on campus
- The Licata way
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care