Turner Battle was named the Mid-American Conference East Division Men's Basketball Player of the Week on Monday. Battle was the major force behind the Bulls' two wins over MAC rivals Ball State and Akron.
Battle scored 20 points, pulled in nine rebounds and added three assists in Sunday's 89-83 victory over Ball State. The win was the Buffalo's first win over the Cardinals since joining the MAC in 1998 and pushed UB into a tie for third place in the MAC East.
Against Akron Battle dropped a career high 26 points, including a perfect 4-for-4 from 3-point land. He also shut down Akron's Derrick Tarver, one of the MAC's premier players, at the defensive end.
In all, Battle averaged 23 points, 6.5 rebounds 4.5 assists and 2.5 steals in the two games.
Track and Field
The men and women's track and field teams took part in the Penn State National Meet over the weekend. While there was no team scoring, several Bulls posted strong individual marks.
Roy Richards, a sophomore jumper, had made the biggest waves for UB at the meet which featured big name teams like Syracuse, Villanova and Navy broke the UB record with a leap of 2 feet 1.75 inches and won the men's long jump title.
Andy Wigton also set a school record with a 8:32.55 showing in the 3,000-meter run. Wigton's mark placed him 14th out of 51 competitors.
On the women's side, Allison Laske placed eighth in the 800, earning her a spot in the ECAC championships.
Sarah Vance finished fifth in the women's shot put with a throw of 45 feet and 1.5 inches. The throw was her best of the season, beating her old best by almost two feet.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”