Quick Hits: Several UB teams will be in action over Spring Break
The men’s lacrosse team opens up its 2014 season with a five-game road trip over Spring Break. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Coming off their toughest competition and worst weekend of the season thus far, the Bulls travel to Virginia Commonwealth for games against Rutgers (4-8), VCU (12-2) and Lafayette (5-4). Buffalo will then make a stop at Valparaiso (7-7) before heading to Dekalb, Ill., for its Mid-American Conference season opener against Northern Illinois (1-12-1).
After having all of their games canceled due to weather last week, the Bulls travel to the USF Spring Break Tournament to face Providence (0-5), Bryant (2-8), Iona (0-7), Rutgers (5-7) and Maine (5-5) Friday-Sunday. Buffalo then faces Army (5-8) and Albany (2-2) Tuesday followed by Stetson (12-3) Wednesday. The Bulls finish their trip with a doubleheader against Florida A&M (1-9) Friday.
Men's Tennis (8-4)
The No. 65 Bulls were slated to play a pair of midweek games this week, but their game against Southern Miss (8-7) on Wednesday was canceled. The Bulls lost to No. 60 Central Florida (8-2), 5-2, Tuesday.
Buffalo will remain south as it takes on Illinois State (5-5) Friday in Alabama. The Bulls' next match won't come until the last day of Spring Break, when it hosts Toledo (5-14) in its MAC opener.
Women's Tennis (8-1)
The Bulls will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., for a pair of matches this weekend against Hillsdale (9-9, 8-6 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference) and Florida Atlantic (5-6, 0-1 Conference USA). Buffalo will get a chance to relax during the week before hosting Eastern Michigan (7-6) Friday and Toledo Saturday (8-3) in the Bulls' first two MAC matches of the season.
The men's lacrosse team opens up its 2014 season with a five-game road trip over Spring Break. The Bulls will first travel to Vanderbilt (4-0) before heading to Alabama to take on the Crimson Tide (2-6) and Minnesota (2-0) early next week.
Buffalo faces Central Florida (4-4) Thursday and finishes the trip with a game at West Virginia (2-1) Sunday, March 23.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”