Quick Hits: Several UB teams will be in action over Spring Break
The men’s lacrosse team opens up its 2014 season with a five-game road trip over Spring Break. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Coming off their toughest competition and worst weekend of the season thus far, the Bulls travel to Virginia Commonwealth for games against Rutgers (4-8), VCU (12-2) and Lafayette (5-4). Buffalo will then make a stop at Valparaiso (7-7) before heading to Dekalb, Ill., for its Mid-American Conference season opener against Northern Illinois (1-12-1).
After having all of their games canceled due to weather last week, the Bulls travel to the USF Spring Break Tournament to face Providence (0-5), Bryant (2-8), Iona (0-7), Rutgers (5-7) and Maine (5-5) Friday-Sunday. Buffalo then faces Army (5-8) and Albany (2-2) Tuesday followed by Stetson (12-3) Wednesday. The Bulls finish their trip with a doubleheader against Florida A&M (1-9) Friday.
Men's Tennis (8-4)
The No. 65 Bulls were slated to play a pair of midweek games this week, but their game against Southern Miss (8-7) on Wednesday was canceled. The Bulls lost to No. 60 Central Florida (8-2), 5-2, Tuesday.
Buffalo will remain south as it takes on Illinois State (5-5) Friday in Alabama. The Bulls' next match won't come until the last day of Spring Break, when it hosts Toledo (5-14) in its MAC opener.
Women's Tennis (8-1)
The Bulls will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., for a pair of matches this weekend against Hillsdale (9-9, 8-6 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference) and Florida Atlantic (5-6, 0-1 Conference USA). Buffalo will get a chance to relax during the week before hosting Eastern Michigan (7-6) Friday and Toledo Saturday (8-3) in the Bulls' first two MAC matches of the season.
The men's lacrosse team opens up its 2014 season with a five-game road trip over Spring Break. The Bulls will first travel to Vanderbilt (4-0) before heading to Alabama to take on the Crimson Tide (2-6) and Minnesota (2-0) early next week.
Buffalo faces Central Florida (4-4) Thursday and finishes the trip with a game at West Virginia (2-1) Sunday, March 23.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- #UBTop10: The top-10 moments in Buffalo sports over break
- Around Town: Winter Brewfest, the Ice at Canalside and Lumagination
- Late UB Stampede supervisor remembered
- ‘Big time,’ big money, big problems
- UB offering chance at free semester of tuition to basketball fans
- Easy A(rts): UB's best introductory art courses
- Epic Super Bowl Halftime Shows
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor