Quick Hits: Several UB teams will be in action over Spring Break
The men’s lacrosse team opens up its 2014 season with a five-game road trip over Spring Break. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Coming off their toughest competition and worst weekend of the season thus far, the Bulls travel to Virginia Commonwealth for games against Rutgers (4-8), VCU (12-2) and Lafayette (5-4). Buffalo will then make a stop at Valparaiso (7-7) before heading to Dekalb, Ill., for its Mid-American Conference season opener against Northern Illinois (1-12-1).
After having all of their games canceled due to weather last week, the Bulls travel to the USF Spring Break Tournament to face Providence (0-5), Bryant (2-8), Iona (0-7), Rutgers (5-7) and Maine (5-5) Friday-Sunday. Buffalo then faces Army (5-8) and Albany (2-2) Tuesday followed by Stetson (12-3) Wednesday. The Bulls finish their trip with a doubleheader against Florida A&M (1-9) Friday.
Men's Tennis (8-4)
The No. 65 Bulls were slated to play a pair of midweek games this week, but their game against Southern Miss (8-7) on Wednesday was canceled. The Bulls lost to No. 60 Central Florida (8-2), 5-2, Tuesday.
Buffalo will remain south as it takes on Illinois State (5-5) Friday in Alabama. The Bulls' next match won't come until the last day of Spring Break, when it hosts Toledo (5-14) in its MAC opener.
Women's Tennis (8-1)
The Bulls will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., for a pair of matches this weekend against Hillsdale (9-9, 8-6 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference) and Florida Atlantic (5-6, 0-1 Conference USA). Buffalo will get a chance to relax during the week before hosting Eastern Michigan (7-6) Friday and Toledo Saturday (8-3) in the Bulls' first two MAC matches of the season.
The men's lacrosse team opens up its 2014 season with a five-game road trip over Spring Break. The Bulls will first travel to Vanderbilt (4-0) before heading to Alabama to take on the Crimson Tide (2-6) and Minnesota (2-0) early next week.
Buffalo faces Central Florida (4-4) Thursday and finishes the trip with a game at West Virginia (2-1) Sunday, March 23.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- James Gardner named interim dean of law school
- Skeete fuels second-half run as Bulls defeat Drexel
- A new shift
- A source of pride – and debt
- Reviving the Buffalo waterfront with Buffalo RiverWorks
- The Proles: A lesson in how to rock and roll
- Katy Perry will always be my “Teenage Dream” and she deserves to perform...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists