Quick Hits: Several UB teams will be in action over Spring Break
The men’s lacrosse team opens up its 2014 season with a five-game road trip over Spring Break. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
Coming off their toughest competition and worst weekend of the season thus far, the Bulls travel to Virginia Commonwealth for games against Rutgers (4-8), VCU (12-2) and Lafayette (5-4). Buffalo will then make a stop at Valparaiso (7-7) before heading to Dekalb, Ill., for its Mid-American Conference season opener against Northern Illinois (1-12-1).
After having all of their games canceled due to weather last week, the Bulls travel to the USF Spring Break Tournament to face Providence (0-5), Bryant (2-8), Iona (0-7), Rutgers (5-7) and Maine (5-5) Friday-Sunday. Buffalo then faces Army (5-8) and Albany (2-2) Tuesday followed by Stetson (12-3) Wednesday. The Bulls finish their trip with a doubleheader against Florida A&M (1-9) Friday.
Men's Tennis (8-4)
The No. 65 Bulls were slated to play a pair of midweek games this week, but their game against Southern Miss (8-7) on Wednesday was canceled. The Bulls lost to No. 60 Central Florida (8-2), 5-2, Tuesday.
Buffalo will remain south as it takes on Illinois State (5-5) Friday in Alabama. The Bulls' next match won't come until the last day of Spring Break, when it hosts Toledo (5-14) in its MAC opener.
Women's Tennis (8-1)
The Bulls will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., for a pair of matches this weekend against Hillsdale (9-9, 8-6 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference) and Florida Atlantic (5-6, 0-1 Conference USA). Buffalo will get a chance to relax during the week before hosting Eastern Michigan (7-6) Friday and Toledo Saturday (8-3) in the Bulls' first two MAC matches of the season.
The men's lacrosse team opens up its 2014 season with a five-game road trip over Spring Break. The Bulls will first travel to Vanderbilt (4-0) before heading to Alabama to take on the Crimson Tide (2-6) and Minnesota (2-0) early next week.
Buffalo faces Central Florida (4-4) Thursday and finishes the trip with a game at West Virginia (2-1) Sunday, March 23.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Growing remembrance
- Let’s get atomic
- Two burglaries occured in the University Heights over Labor Day weekend
- Letter to the editor
- Twin Peaks aim past the clouds in their sophomore album Wild Onion
- A tale as old as time – funding for the arts insufficient in Buffalo
- National Buffalo Wing Fest 2014 was popular amongst UB students
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care