McCrea leads Bulls to third straight victory
The Bulls were able to secure a rare MAC victory behind senior guard Brittney Hedderson. Spectrum file photo
Senior forward Javon McCrea scored 25 points for the second straight game as Buffalo (14-7, 8-3 Mid-American Conference) defeated Miami Ohio (9-13, 5-6 MAC) on the road Wednesday night.
The Bulls took the lead early and never trailed. McCrea also grabbed 11 rebounds for the double-double.
Senior guard Josh Freelove - the only other Bull to reach double digits - scored 16 points, including four 3-pointers.
The Bulls out rebounded the RedHawks 40-25 and also held Miami Ohio to 42.1 percent shooting from the field.
The win ties the Bulls with Akron (16-8, 8-3 MAC) for first in the MAC East and second overall in the conference. The Zips visit Alumni Arena on Wednesday, Feb. 19.
Buffalo returns home on Saturday for a game against Ohio (17-7, 7-4 MAC). Tipoff is scheduled at 2:30 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?