#UBTop10: Top 10 moments from the past two weeks
Sophomore forward Justin Moss completes an alley-oop pass from freshman guard Shannon Evans with a slam dunk. The highlight was No. 1 on ESPN’s SportsCenter Top 10 plays in the Sunday morning edition. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum
10. All 32 NFL teams attend UB's Pro Day
The UB football program held its annual Pro Day at the Buffalo Bills' field house in Orchard Park March 4. All 32 NFL teams were in attendance to scout, mostly due to the presence of Bulls linebacker Khalil Mack. Mack is projected to be a top 10 pick in the NFL Draft May 8.
9. Six Buffalo basketball players receive MAC awards
The men and women's basketball teams each had three players receive conference awards. Senior forward Javon McCrea was named to the All-MAC first team for the third time in his career, while teammate Josh Freelove was an All-MAC honorable mention. Guard Shannon Evans was named to the All-MAC freshman team. For the women, sophomore guard Mackenzie Loesing was named to the All-MAC second team, while junior forward Kristen Sharkey made the third team. Alexus Malone made the All-MAC freshman team.
8. Scarcello hits walk-off homerun in extra innings
Mike Scarcello hit a two-run, walk-off homerun in the bottom of the 10th inning to give the Bulls a 5-3 victory over Maryland Eastern Shore March 2. The homerun was Scarcello's first of the season and helped the Bulls improve to 6-1.
7. Flannery gets bid to NCAA Tournament
In the MAC Wrestling Championships, Nick Flannery defeated Eastern Michigan's Nick Shaw 8-6 in the 141-pound fifth place match to receive an automatic bid to the NCCA Tournament, which begins March 20 in Oklahoma City. Flannery will be the Bulls' lone representative in the tournament.
6. Kuras three-peats as MAC Outstanding Swimmer
Senior Brittney Kuras won her third straight MAC Outstanding Swimmer Award at the MAC women's Swimming and Diving Championships, which took place Feb. 27 to March 1 in Geneva, Ohio. She is only the fourth swimmer in MAC history to win the award three times. Kuras won the 100-yard freestyle, 200-yard individual medley and the 200-yard freestyle. She has won every individual event she has competed in at the MAC Championships.
5. Loesing becomes first Buffalo women's basketball sophomore to score 800 careerpoints
Mackenzie Loesing went over 800 career points with her 19-point performance in the Bulls' 74-61 victory over Miami Ohio March 1. If Loesing continues on her scoring pace, she will finish her career as UB's third all-time leading scorer.
4. Women's basketball clinches No. 4 seed in MAC Tournament
The women's basketball team clinched the highest MAC Tournament seed in program history with its 64-51 win over Kent State at Alumni Arena Saturday. The Bulls' 17 wins are the most since the 2002-03 season, and their 10 conference wins are the most since 2000-01.
3. Evans' alley-oop to Moss makes No. 1 on SportsCenter Top Plays
In Saturday's game against Bowling Green, Shannon Evans laid the ball off the glass on the fast break to sophomore Justin Moss, who slammed it home. Alumni Arena erupted afterward and the highlight was No. 1 on ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10 plays for the Sunday morning edition.
2. McCrea sets career-high in points in final Alumni Arena game
Javon McCrea had 34 points in the Bulls' 88-65 win over Bowling Green in his final game regular season game at Alumni Arena. McCrea also sank his first career 3-pointer. He's the program's all-time leading scorer, and is now just three points away from 2,000 for his career.
1. Men's basketball wins first-ever MAC East title
The Bulls became the Mid-American Conference Eastern Division Champions with their win over Bowling Green on Saturday. It's Buffalo's first time as outright MAC East champion.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Bulls survive scare with FCS opponent Duquesne
- Buffalo, we have a problem: Bulls performance against Duquesne should leave...
- Buffalo makes top 10 list for cities with best quality of life
- Spectrum 360: Football season preview video 2014
- Taking the field: Bull linebacker Lee Skinner's journey to UB
- The big men on campus
- The Licata way
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care