Bulls to announce football class Wednesday afternoon
Head coach Jeff Quinn, who signed a contract extension after the 2012 season, will unveil his fourth recruiting class on Wednesday. Rebecca Bratek /// The Spectrum
UB Athletics will publicize the 2013 freshman football class in a media-only press conference at 4 p.m. Wednesday at UB Stadium. The event will stream live on buffalobulls.com. The "UB Football National Signing Day Special" will air at 8 p.m. on WBBZ (Time Warner Cable channel 5).
Fans holding out hope for a savior may be disappointed. As of Tuesday evening, Rivals.com had the Bulls ranked dead last - 123rd - among Division I recruiting classes. Buffalo had received seven commitments, none of which were four- or five-star recruits, according to the list.
San Jose State, No. 122, had received the next fewest amount of commitments with nine. UB and San Jose State were the only schools in single digits.
FBS schools are required to offer 85 athletic scholarships, an average of 21.25 per class.
Some schools had as many as 30 commitments. UB will likely receive last-minute recruits on signing day.
In terms of recruiting, the Bulls have steadily declined over head coach Jeff Quinn's first years, according to Rivals. UB ranked No. 119 last year, 117 in 2011 and 115 in 2010.
The football team finished 4-8 (3-5 Mid-American Conference) this past season.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- My love affair with League of Legends
- Proposed methadone clinic threatens the revitalization of Buffalo's West Side
- Bulls miss opportunity to win Buffalo Shield
- Quick Hits: UB Athletics weekend review
- Slowly, a city blossoms
- Message to the NFL: Leave the violence on the field
- Buffalo’s blackout game brings ‘electric’ atmosphere
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”