UB's 168th University Commencement approaches
As the academic year comes to a close, the university and graduating seniors will be preparing for commencement. UB's 15 graduation ceremonies will be taking place May 2-18, and approximately 5,500 undergraduate and graduate students will be receiving degrees.
The 2014 commencement season will begin with the School of Medical and Biomedical Sciences ceremony, which will take place in the Center For the Arts. Each department's ceremonies will take place the following two weeks, alternating between Alumni Arena and the CFA.
May 18, President Satish K. Tripathi will speak at the University Commencement, which will begin at 10 a.m. Other speakers during the commencement ceremonies include: Nancy H. Nielsen, MD '76, senior associate dean for health policy, UB School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, who will also receive the UB President's Medal in recognition of extraordinary service to the university; Steven A. Guttenberg, president of the Washington Institute for Mouth, Face and Jaw Surgery, Washington, D.C.; and U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly of Indiana.
Majorie T. Breslawski will be the student speaker.
UB's highest honor, the Chancellor P. Norton Medal, will be presented posthumously to Ralph Wilson Jr., founder and 54-year owner of the Buffalo Bills, who passed away in March.
Forty-two students will also receive awards, including the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence, the Outstanding Senior Award from the College of Arts and Sciences and the Student Affairs Senior Leadership Award - awarded to Marc Pierre.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- James Gardner named interim dean of law school
- Skeete fuels second-half run as Bulls defeat Drexel
- A new shift
- A source of pride – and debt
- Reviving the Buffalo waterfront with Buffalo RiverWorks
- The Proles: A lesson in how to rock and roll
- Katy Perry will always be my “Teenage Dream” and she deserves to perform...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists