A look inside Fred Lee's kitchen
Fred Lee used to work as a manager at the local Taco Bell in Amherst. He is currently a chef at The U. Spectrum File Photo
Lee's Cajun Wings are one of his go-to dishes. Courtesy of Fred Lee
Lee whips up this tuna salad concoction when he's looking for a lighter-fare meal. Courtesy of Fred Lee
Senior wide receiver Fred Lee is a man of many skills. He's well known for his pass-catching abilities and motivational speaking around Buffalo, but he's also an exceptional cook, and there's a good chance he's made something for you before.
Lee has worked as a manager at the Taco Bell on the corner Maple and Sweet Home Roads in Amherst, and he's currently a chef at The U, located on the same corner as Taco Bell.
Some of his favorite recipes are macaroni and cheese, light tuna salad and Cajun wings. If you've had the Cajun wings from The U before, it's likely been Lee's handiwork.
This is how to cook like Lee (though we can't promise you'll be as good).
Ingredients: one bag of chicken wings, Cajun seasoning, pepper, paprika, red pepper seasoning, thyme, parsley, butter and hot sauce.
How to cook:
1. Fry the bag of chicken wings to your desired crispiness. As you are frying your chicken wings, light the grill.
2. In a large Ziploc bag, mix three tablespoons of Cajun seasoning, one tablespoon of pepper and paprika and one teaspoon of red pepper seasoning, thyme and parsley. This mix is enough to make a single order of wings (10). If you are making more, adjust the numbers accordingly.
3. In a large bowl, mix three cups of butter and 1 cup of hot sauce.
4. Once your wings are fried, mix them in a bowl with the butter and hot sauce. The wings should be covered in the sauce.
5. Once your wings are sauced up, place them in the bag from step two and shake until the wings are thoroughly covered.
6. Place the wings on the grill and rotate them until desired readiness.
7. To get the most out of the seasoning, place the wings back in the bag from step two, shake them up and let stand for a few minutes.
Freddy's Famous Mac 'n Cheese
Ingredients: 16 oz. macaroni noodles, one can of cheddar cheese, one bag of sharp cheddar cheese, one can of evaporated milk, a teaspoon of sugar, a drop of mustard, an egg and a half stick of butter.
How to cook:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil the macaroni noodles until they are soft. Lightly salt the water.
3. When the noodles are almost done, in a medium-size bowl, mix the evaporated milk, teaspoon of sugar, drop of mustard and egg all together.
4. In another bowl, take half of the cooked noodles and mix them with half the can of cheddar cheese and one quarter of the bag of sharp cheddar cheese (it should look sticky and spider-web like). Put this mixture into your cooking dish as the bottom layer.
5. Repeat step three with the remaining noodles, the rest of the canned cheddar cheese and a quarter of a bag of sharp cheddar cheese (you should have half a bag of sharp cheddar cheese left).
6. Now that you have all the noodles in the cooking dish, take the mixture from step two and pour it evenly over the dish.
7. Use the remaining cheese to layer the top of the dish.
8. Before placing the dish in the oven, take the half stick of butter, slice it into squares and place the squares across the top of the dish.
Light Tuna Salad
Ingredients: StarKist Chunk Light Tuna, an egg white beater, peppers, onions, avocados, a third of a cup of cheese, spinach leaves, romaine lettuce and tomatoes.
How to cook:
1. Cook a third of a cup of liquid egg white mix in spinach leaves. Let stand for five minutes after cooking.
2. In a small-size bowl, mix chopped onions and peppers, avocado and StarKist Chunk Light Tuna.
3. Combine the mix from steps one and two. This will be the topping for your salad.
4. In a serving bowl, place romaine lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and any other toppings you would like. Add the tuna mixture to the top and enjoy.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- James Gardner named interim dean of law school
- Skeete fuels second-half run as Bulls defeat Drexel
- A new shift
- A source of pride – and debt
- Reviving the Buffalo waterfront with Buffalo RiverWorks
- The Proles: A lesson in how to rock and roll
- Katy Perry will always be my “Teenage Dream” and she deserves to perform...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists