Tunes to curb your mind's hunger
The right music can set the tone for any occasion. Whether it's a slow beat to impress your date, a fun steel drum sound for a summer BBQ, a heavy rock song to eat a bowl of wings to or a tangy country twang, music changes the way we feel, the way we engage with people and even how we taste our food. Getting it right is essential. Here is a playlist of tunes that ties in to your hunger for both good music and tasty food.
Frank Sinatra - "I've Got You Under My Skin"
Sinatra creates an enjoyable atmosphere no matter what the occasion might be. Say you're cooking a really nice dinner for your significant other and you want to set the mood right: "I've Got You Under My Skin" does just that with its bright tone and great lyrics. Let's face it, once you chew on that T-bone steak you're craving, it all ends up under your skin somehow. That's rare.
UB40 - "Red, Red Wine"
UB40 is in the same category as Mr. Sinatra - "Red, Red Wine" is a song that gets your hips moving while you're sautÃ©ing your mushrooms. The smooth, prolonged beats of the song are the musical equivalent of a thick, full glass of Merlot.
Deep Blue Something - "Breakfast At Tiffany's"
Sunday brunch is one of the best meals of the week. The next working week is luring around the corner, so treasuring your Sunday morning is crucial. Whether the morning's menu consists of loaded pancakes or a well-prepared fruit salad, make sure "Breakfast At Tiffany's" is on your playlist. Its modern, soft-rock vibe is sure to put you in the Sunday mood.
Jimmy Buffet - "Margaritaville"
You might not think you're familiar with this song, but you'll be singing along by the chorus. Holmes has made the perfect song to get guests smiling in anticipation of enjoying their food. Eating in groups is largely about socializing, and there's nothing that says bonding louder than singing along around a dinner table to the chorus line, "If you like Pina Coladas..."
Dirty Vegas - "Walk Into The Sun"
This country tune is filled with a warm-weathered, summer feel. The lyrics bring listeners back in time to one of their most treasured moments. "It was Labor Day weekend / I was 17 / I bought a Coke and some gasoline / And I drove out to the county fair."
The opening lyrics to this song put you in the right frame of mind. Who doesn't love county fair food? But what stands out the most to listeners is the chorus, in which McGraw cleverly places the words: "I had a barbecue stain on my white t-shirt / She was killing me in that miniskirt." Great food and beautiful girls make this hit country tune a nostalgic representation of what food is all about: reliving moments you never thought you'd remember.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Anthone Taylor uses motivation from his departed friend and current mentor to...
- Perfume Genius’ “Too Bright” casts a strikingly subtle shadow
- Animals deserve protection, but Andre Robinson doesn’t deserve jail time
- Beauty is in the details: FIFA 15 review
- From the Cradle to the Grave and back
- Lost identity in the Sonora Desert
- McCarley Gardens residents ‘at ease’ for now in Buffalo
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections