Quick Hits: Weekend Recap
Sophomore Akhil Mehta won in singles and doubles play this weekend as UB defeated Cleveland State, 4-3, at the Miller Tennis Center in Williamsville. Jackie Shi, The Spectrum
Men's Tennis (2-0)
The men's tennis team defeated Cleveland State (0-1), 4-3, in its home opener on Saturday. Sophomore Sergio Arevalillo's win in singles clinched the match for the Bulls, who are currently ranked No. 69 in the country. The Bulls return to the road next weekend with matches against Dartmouth (5-1) on Friday and Penn on Saturday. Friday's game is set for 11 a.m. and Saturday's will begin at 3 p.m.
Swimming and Diving
Both swimming and diving teams won their respective matches against Ball State in Muncie, Ind., Saturday. The women won, 165-135, and the men won, 178-103. Buffalo will compete in the Ohio State Invite in Columbus, Ohio, Saturday.
Track & Field
The track & field teams competed in the Eastern Michigan Invitational on Saturday, winning nine events between the two of them. The men placed third and the women finished fourth. The teams travel to State College, Pa., Saturday to compete in the Sykes-Sabock invite.
Women's Tennis (2-1)
The women's tennis team lost to Cornell (1-0) Friday but rebounded to defeat Maryland-Baltimore County (1-2), 4-3, Saturday. The Bulls are off next weekend before returning to the road in two weeks to face Duquesne (1-1) on Saturday, Feb. 15, and Niagara Sunday, Feb. 16.
Wrestling (2-13, 0-5 Mid-American Conference)
The wrestling team fell, 41-3, at nationally ranked Edinboro (8-3) Saturday. The Bulls will play at Missouri (6-2, 3-1 MAC) this Friday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- UB Bulls dominate Massachusetts 41-21 in season finale
- UB students ‘make noise’ in wake of Ferguson grand jury decision
- Publishing textbooks can mean big money for professors
- Long hair because they care
- Braving the Snowvember storm
- UB joins nationwide ‘It’s On Us’ sexual assault prevention campaign
- “Home” is where the Turkey is
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Lighting for Aging Eyes -- Don't Get Left in the Dark
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge