Quick Hits: Weekend Recap
Sophomore Akhil Mehta won in singles and doubles play this weekend as UB defeated Cleveland State, 4-3, at the Miller Tennis Center in Williamsville. Jackie Shi, The Spectrum
Men's Tennis (2-0)
The men's tennis team defeated Cleveland State (0-1), 4-3, in its home opener on Saturday. Sophomore Sergio Arevalillo's win in singles clinched the match for the Bulls, who are currently ranked No. 69 in the country. The Bulls return to the road next weekend with matches against Dartmouth (5-1) on Friday and Penn on Saturday. Friday's game is set for 11 a.m. and Saturday's will begin at 3 p.m.
Swimming and Diving
Both swimming and diving teams won their respective matches against Ball State in Muncie, Ind., Saturday. The women won, 165-135, and the men won, 178-103. Buffalo will compete in the Ohio State Invite in Columbus, Ohio, Saturday.
Track & Field
The track & field teams competed in the Eastern Michigan Invitational on Saturday, winning nine events between the two of them. The men placed third and the women finished fourth. The teams travel to State College, Pa., Saturday to compete in the Sykes-Sabock invite.
Women's Tennis (2-1)
The women's tennis team lost to Cornell (1-0) Friday but rebounded to defeat Maryland-Baltimore County (1-2), 4-3, Saturday. The Bulls are off next weekend before returning to the road in two weeks to face Duquesne (1-1) on Saturday, Feb. 15, and Niagara Sunday, Feb. 16.
Wrestling (2-13, 0-5 Mid-American Conference)
The wrestling team fell, 41-3, at nationally ranked Edinboro (8-3) Saturday. The Bulls will play at Missouri (6-2, 3-1 MAC) this Friday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- James Gardner named interim dean of law school
- Skeete fuels second-half run as Bulls defeat Drexel
- A new shift
- A source of pride – and debt
- Reviving the Buffalo waterfront with Buffalo RiverWorks
- The Proles: A lesson in how to rock and roll
- Katy Perry will always be my “Teenage Dream” and she deserves to perform...
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists