Quick Hits: Weekend Recap
Sophomore Akhil Mehta won in singles and doubles play this weekend as UB defeated Cleveland State, 4-3, at the Miller Tennis Center in Williamsville. Jackie Shi, The Spectrum
Men's Tennis (2-0)
The men's tennis team defeated Cleveland State (0-1), 4-3, in its home opener on Saturday. Sophomore Sergio Arevalillo's win in singles clinched the match for the Bulls, who are currently ranked No. 69 in the country. The Bulls return to the road next weekend with matches against Dartmouth (5-1) on Friday and Penn on Saturday. Friday's game is set for 11 a.m. and Saturday's will begin at 3 p.m.
Swimming and Diving
Both swimming and diving teams won their respective matches against Ball State in Muncie, Ind., Saturday. The women won, 165-135, and the men won, 178-103. Buffalo will compete in the Ohio State Invite in Columbus, Ohio, Saturday.
Track & Field
The track & field teams competed in the Eastern Michigan Invitational on Saturday, winning nine events between the two of them. The men placed third and the women finished fourth. The teams travel to State College, Pa., Saturday to compete in the Sykes-Sabock invite.
Women's Tennis (2-1)
The women's tennis team lost to Cornell (1-0) Friday but rebounded to defeat Maryland-Baltimore County (1-2), 4-3, Saturday. The Bulls are off next weekend before returning to the road in two weeks to face Duquesne (1-1) on Saturday, Feb. 15, and Niagara Sunday, Feb. 16.
Wrestling (2-13, 0-5 Mid-American Conference)
The wrestling team fell, 41-3, at nationally ranked Edinboro (8-3) Saturday. The Bulls will play at Missouri (6-2, 3-1 MAC) this Friday.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...