Mental breakdown: what the hell is happening with Amanda Bynes?
Well said. nicely done. Anonymous #comment 2
"I want @drake to murder my vagina." - Guess who?
Amanda Bynes, the weird, quirky-yet-loveable child actress most known for being a cast member of Nickelodeon's legendary show All That, has recently been acting more "different" than usual. Since late November, when Bynes returned to Twitter and created an Instagram account, her actions have been taken into question. But why?
Maybe it's the new look
Bynes decided to change up her appearance in late March. Possibly noticing that Nicki Minaj, Honey Cocaine and Blac Chyna are all trendsetters in their own right, and all YMCMB is related in one way or another, Bynes now maneuvers through the streets in beanie hats with her extensions blowing in the breeze and dimple piercings that glimmer off the sun's vibrant rays.
Identity crisis? Yes.
It's one thing if the way you've dressed has gradually progressed through one trend and onto the other, but this is an erratic change from the girl who hosted "Ask Ashley" on All That and followed up with an energetic "that's me!"
She's out here looking sloppy, taking selfies in her bathroom with make-up caked on her face with her iPhone 4, and her latest "Twerking Out" video is bottom five in the galaxy.
Lindsay Lohan isn't allowed to have all the fun
Lohan is another child actress who normally grabs headlines for the wrong reasons. Bynes isn't having it, though - she wants that shine, too.
To achieve this goal, Bynes got herself a DUI, and then as if that wasn't enough, she got two hit-and-run charges thrown at her during April and August.
She most definitely got her name in the papers, but she didn't do that hard jail time Lohan did. Bynes might have to lift some jewelry next; that'll make her top dog and earn her some fresh tear tattoos.
The media got you stressed, boo?
I guarantee this is one the major reasons Bynes is unstable. As her behavior becomes stranger, more magazines, bloggers and other people with influential voices slam her.
Bynes has threatened to sue US Weekly and In Touch Weekly for allegedly publishing false stories. She has also gotten into public altercations with celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton and, more recently, Complex Magazine via Twitter.
She seems to have a problem with people saying she has a problem.
No one likes to be told how to feel, but her actions make it seem she has lost touch with reality. All Complex did was ask a simple question after her infamous "Twerking Out" video:
"Does Amanda Bynes need serious help, or is this some intricate, faux public breakdown Joaquin-Phoenix style?"
In response, Bynes used her Twitter capabilities to type up a 204-word attack on the magazine and bash her ex-boyfriend, Kid Cudi, who has been sitting idle and staying quiet about her wildness.
Crazy people don't know that they're crazy
Turn the calendars back 16 years and you would've seen me propped in front of the television wishing I could move class notes her way while my third grade teacher had his back turned. Today, she's looking like the doomed result of placing your child in front of a rolling camera.
While I was typing this column, Bynes tweeted a picture of her face photoshopped onto a camel and thought it was the funniest thing ever.
Amanda Bynes needs help, but the sad thing is she doesn't even know it.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus