Men's tennis at Turning Stone Casino
The Bulls (2-0) shutout Colgate (0-1), 7-0, and defeated Bryant (0-1) by a score of 6-1. Senior Vusa Hove went undefeated on the weekend, winning both matches in straight sets.
The women's tennis team opened its spring season with a 4-3 win over Pittsburgh (0-1). Sophomore Laura Fernandez clinched the victory for the Bulls with a do-or-die, three-set win in the final match of the day, 5-7, 6-4, 7-6 (4).
Track and field
The Bulls won eight events at the SPIRE Midwest Open in Geneva, Ohio, over the weekend. Buffalo also placed in second in seven other events.
The wrestling team (1-8, 1-2 Mid-American Conference) fell to Ohio (5-5, 3-2 MAC) on Saturday night. Senior Mark Lewandowski (24-6) continued to roll with a 4-0 win.
Swimming and diving
Both the men's (3-3, 1-1 MAC) and women's (5-3, 2-2 MAC) swimming and diving teams lost dual meets against Eastern Michigan. Despite facing the defending MAC champions at home and sweeping the relays, the men could not break Eastern Michigan's 61-meet MAC winning streak, losing by only three points. The women also swept the relays and senior Mallory Morrell swept her sprint freestyle races on the day but fell 169-131 to the Eagles.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?