Men's tennis at Turning Stone Casino
The Bulls (2-0) shutout Colgate (0-1), 7-0, and defeated Bryant (0-1) by a score of 6-1. Senior Vusa Hove went undefeated on the weekend, winning both matches in straight sets.
The women's tennis team opened its spring season with a 4-3 win over Pittsburgh (0-1). Sophomore Laura Fernandez clinched the victory for the Bulls with a do-or-die, three-set win in the final match of the day, 5-7, 6-4, 7-6 (4).
Track and field
The Bulls won eight events at the SPIRE Midwest Open in Geneva, Ohio, over the weekend. Buffalo also placed in second in seven other events.
The wrestling team (1-8, 1-2 Mid-American Conference) fell to Ohio (5-5, 3-2 MAC) on Saturday night. Senior Mark Lewandowski (24-6) continued to roll with a 4-0 win.
Swimming and diving
Both the men's (3-3, 1-1 MAC) and women's (5-3, 2-2 MAC) swimming and diving teams lost dual meets against Eastern Michigan. Despite facing the defending MAC champions at home and sweeping the relays, the men could not break Eastern Michigan's 61-meet MAC winning streak, losing by only three points. The women also swept the relays and senior Mallory Morrell swept her sprint freestyle races on the day but fell 169-131 to the Eagles.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- UB Bulls defeat MAC East leader behind largest home crowd in four years
- UB Bulls Basketball tailgate canceled
- #UBTop10: The top-10 moments in Buffalo sports over break
- Around Town: Winter Brewfest, the Ice at Canalside and Lumagination
- Late UB Stampede supervisor remembered
- ‘Big time,’ big money, big problems
- UB offering chance at free semester of tuition to basketball fans
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor