Quick Hits: Track & field, women's swimming and diving to participate in MAC Championships
Men's Tennis (5-1)
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association released its newest Top 75 rankings Wednesday, and the Bulls jumped 16 spots from No. 72 to No. 56. Buffalo has won all five of its victories this season by a score of 4-3.
The Bulls travel to New Jersey this weekend, where they will face the New Jersey Institute of Technology (6-2) Friday and Princeton (6-4) Saturday.
Women's Tennis (5-1)
Similar to the men's tennis team, the women have gotten off to a hot start and will open a three-match home stretch this weekend with showdowns against Colgate (4-2) Friday at 1 p.m. and Binghamton (1-3) Saturday at 1 p.m.
Both games will take place at the Miller Tennis Center.
The Bulls look to build on their program-best start to the season when they travel to the Virginia Military Institute (5-2) Friday. Buffalo will play two games apiece against VMI and Maryland Eastern Shore (0-5).
The Bulls have a doubleheader scheduled for Friday, and one game on Saturday and Sunday.
After traveling to Louisiana and Mississippi in their first two weekends, the Bulls will travel to New Mexico this weekend for the University of New Mexico Lobo Classic.
Buffalo will play five games total between Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It has two games against North Dakota State (9-5), two against New Mexico (1-13) and one against Idaho State (6-5).
Women's Swimming and Diving
The women's swimming and diving Mid-American Conference Championships take place this weekend in Geneva, Ohio. The three-day long event spans from Thursday, Feb. 27, to March 1. Senior Brittney Kuras will compete for her third MAC Swimmer of the Year award at UB.
Track & Field
The track & field team travels to Kent, Ohio, this weekend for the MAC Championships. The Bulls have both male and female athletes competing for individual championships.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Bulls survive scare with FCS opponent Duquesne
- Buffalo, we have a problem: Bulls performance against Duquesne should leave...
- Buffalo makes top 10 list for cities with best quality of life
- Spectrum 360: Football season preview video 2014
- Taking the field: Bull linebacker Lee Skinner's journey to UB
- The big men on campus
- The Licata way
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care