Quick Hits: Track & field, women's swimming and diving to participate in MAC Championships
Men's Tennis (5-1)
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association released its newest Top 75 rankings Wednesday, and the Bulls jumped 16 spots from No. 72 to No. 56. Buffalo has won all five of its victories this season by a score of 4-3.
The Bulls travel to New Jersey this weekend, where they will face the New Jersey Institute of Technology (6-2) Friday and Princeton (6-4) Saturday.
Women's Tennis (5-1)
Similar to the men's tennis team, the women have gotten off to a hot start and will open a three-match home stretch this weekend with showdowns against Colgate (4-2) Friday at 1 p.m. and Binghamton (1-3) Saturday at 1 p.m.
Both games will take place at the Miller Tennis Center.
The Bulls look to build on their program-best start to the season when they travel to the Virginia Military Institute (5-2) Friday. Buffalo will play two games apiece against VMI and Maryland Eastern Shore (0-5).
The Bulls have a doubleheader scheduled for Friday, and one game on Saturday and Sunday.
After traveling to Louisiana and Mississippi in their first two weekends, the Bulls will travel to New Mexico this weekend for the University of New Mexico Lobo Classic.
Buffalo will play five games total between Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It has two games against North Dakota State (9-5), two against New Mexico (1-13) and one against Idaho State (6-5).
Women's Swimming and Diving
The women's swimming and diving Mid-American Conference Championships take place this weekend in Geneva, Ohio. The three-day long event spans from Thursday, Feb. 27, to March 1. Senior Brittney Kuras will compete for her third MAC Swimmer of the Year award at UB.
Track & Field
The track & field team travels to Kent, Ohio, this weekend for the MAC Championships. The Bulls have both male and female athletes competing for individual championships.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- #UBTop10: The top-10 moments in Buffalo sports over break
- Around Town: Winter Brewfest, the Ice at Canalside and Lumagination
- Late UB Stampede supervisor remembered
- ‘Big time,’ big money, big problems
- UB offering chance at free semester of tuition to basketball fans
- Easy A(rts): UB's best introductory art courses
- Epic Super Bowl Halftime Shows
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor