Where are the students?
The University at Buffalo is a flagship university - the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus State University of New York system, with a student body head count of 29,117 students, of which 19,506 are undergraduates, with approximately 6,000 students living on campus. Though the cost of attending UB is very reasonable, students also have to pay a mandatory student activity fee of $94.75. Part of this mandatory fee allows students free access to athletic events, concerts, films, the speaker series and much more.
Having pointed this out, why then are there fewer than 200 students attending this years men's basketball games? UB is currently No. 1 in the MAC East, and the team still cannot generate interest from the student body. Just think: if we could get 10 percent of the total student body to attend games, we would have 2,911 students at the games in addition to the season ticket holders. Wow!
Class of 1990
Retired staff member
Season ticket holder - 11 years
Blue & White Club - 11 Years
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths