Where are the students?
The University at Buffalo is a flagship university - the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus State University of New York system, with a student body head count of 29,117 students, of which 19,506 are undergraduates, with approximately 6,000 students living on campus. Though the cost of attending UB is very reasonable, students also have to pay a mandatory student activity fee of $94.75. Part of this mandatory fee allows students free access to athletic events, concerts, films, the speaker series and much more.
Having pointed this out, why then are there fewer than 200 students attending this years men's basketball games? UB is currently No. 1 in the MAC East, and the team still cannot generate interest from the student body. Just think: if we could get 10 percent of the total student body to attend games, we would have 2,911 students at the games in addition to the season ticket holders. Wow!
Class of 1990
Retired staff member
Season ticket holder - 11 years
Blue & White Club - 11 Years
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!