Where are the students?
The University at Buffalo is a flagship university - the largest and most comprehensive campus in the 64-campus State University of New York system, with a student body head count of 29,117 students, of which 19,506 are undergraduates, with approximately 6,000 students living on campus. Though the cost of attending UB is very reasonable, students also have to pay a mandatory student activity fee of $94.75. Part of this mandatory fee allows students free access to athletic events, concerts, films, the speaker series and much more.
Having pointed this out, why then are there fewer than 200 students attending this years men's basketball games? UB is currently No. 1 in the MAC East, and the team still cannot generate interest from the student body. Just think: if we could get 10 percent of the total student body to attend games, we would have 2,911 students at the games in addition to the season ticket holders. Wow!
Class of 1990
Retired staff member
Season ticket holder - 11 years
Blue & White Club - 11 Years
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- ¿Pensando en la jubilación y el Seguro...
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...