Police blotter 1/16
All information according to the University Police
5:34 p.m. - A Clark Hall staff member reported a fight in the main gym of Clark Hall. Patrol reported one of the suspects in the fight left Clark Hall before their arrival and the other subject isn't affiliated with UB.
9:37 p.m. - While on foot patrol in Knox Hall, patrols identified students Aman Bhatia and Parth Parikh trespassing. Patrol reported both students were issued Student-Wide Judiciary paperwork for trespassing after being warned the previous night not to play cricket in Knox Hall.
10:40 a.m. - A complainant requested assistance on the sixth floor of Baldy Hall, near room 678, with an irate, disorderly student. Patrol located the suspect. Faculty/staff met with the suspect.
2:37 p.m. - A complainant reported a suspicious male on the second floor of Lockwood, who was sitting on the computer next to him. The complainant left his computer account up when he left the computer unattended for a few minutes. While he was gone, someone accessed his personal information on the computer. The suspect was gone when the complainant returned.
4:33 p.m. - Niagara Falls Transit Authority reported a male was assaulted on university property at University Station. The victim told police he was attacked by 10 black teenage males and they fled east through campus.
4:41 p.m. - A UB electrician reported a suspicious person with a red pick-up truck going through the contractor dumpster outside of Clemens Hall. The subject was described as an older white male wearing a green sweatshirt and blue jeans.
8:45 a.m. - A UB employee reported the larceny of two 50-pound bags of rock salt from a storage room in Clement Hall.
8:54 p.m. - Amherst Police Department reported Fernando Mojica was in custody on Main Street. UPD has a bench warrant for Mojica.
10:47a.m. - Melissa A. Harris, a student, was charged with criminal possession of marijuana in the fifth degree in Spaulding Lot. She had approximately 30 grams of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia was recovered. Harris was issued a suspension letter and referred to SWJ and Amherst Town Court.
3:38 p.m. -Deandre A. Eaton went to Bissell Hall to claim a found cell phone, and a routine ID check showed an active UBPD warrant.
9:59 p.m. - Patrol reported graffiti outside of Knox Hall.
5:13 p.m. - A caller reported two individuals fighting at the bus stop on Flint Road across from the Center for Tomorrow. Both were gone when patrols arrived.
2:59 p.m. - A caller reported a small fire in a microwave in 648 Cooke Hall.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!