Police blotter 1/16
All information according to the University Police
5:34 p.m. - A Clark Hall staff member reported a fight in the main gym of Clark Hall. Patrol reported one of the suspects in the fight left Clark Hall before their arrival and the other subject isn't affiliated with UB.
9:37 p.m. - While on foot patrol in Knox Hall, patrols identified students Aman Bhatia and Parth Parikh trespassing. Patrol reported both students were issued Student-Wide Judiciary paperwork for trespassing after being warned the previous night not to play cricket in Knox Hall.
10:40 a.m. - A complainant requested assistance on the sixth floor of Baldy Hall, near room 678, with an irate, disorderly student. Patrol located the suspect. Faculty/staff met with the suspect.
2:37 p.m. - A complainant reported a suspicious male on the second floor of Lockwood, who was sitting on the computer next to him. The complainant left his computer account up when he left the computer unattended for a few minutes. While he was gone, someone accessed his personal information on the computer. The suspect was gone when the complainant returned.
4:33 p.m. - Niagara Falls Transit Authority reported a male was assaulted on university property at University Station. The victim told police he was attacked by 10 black teenage males and they fled east through campus.
4:41 p.m. - A UB electrician reported a suspicious person with a red pick-up truck going through the contractor dumpster outside of Clemens Hall. The subject was described as an older white male wearing a green sweatshirt and blue jeans.
8:45 a.m. - A UB employee reported the larceny of two 50-pound bags of rock salt from a storage room in Clement Hall.
8:54 p.m. - Amherst Police Department reported Fernando Mojica was in custody on Main Street. UPD has a bench warrant for Mojica.
10:47a.m. - Melissa A. Harris, a student, was charged with criminal possession of marijuana in the fifth degree in Spaulding Lot. She had approximately 30 grams of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia was recovered. Harris was issued a suspension letter and referred to SWJ and Amherst Town Court.
3:38 p.m. -Deandre A. Eaton went to Bissell Hall to claim a found cell phone, and a routine ID check showed an active UBPD warrant.
9:59 p.m. - Patrol reported graffiti outside of Knox Hall.
5:13 p.m. - A caller reported two individuals fighting at the bus stop on Flint Road across from the Center for Tomorrow. Both were gone when patrols arrived.
2:59 p.m. - A caller reported a small fire in a microwave in 648 Cooke Hall.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”