Police Blotter 3/1/13
All information according to the University Police
2:30 a.m. - A man reported his girlfriend, a UB student, made statements to him that she is better off dying and doesn't want to live anymore. He was unable to get ahold of her for approximately 15 minutes. Amherst Police Department (APD) contacted the girl who said she had been arguing with her boyfriend and was very overwhelmed with her studies. APD reported she did not meet the criteria for an involuntary admission for a psych evaluation.
8:55 a.m. - A UB faculty member reported damage to her office in Cary Hall. She believes there was an attempt to break into her office sometime around Nov. 16. Her fellow office workers report the damage has been there since November.
7:22 p.m. - UB studentAl Amin was arrested after a Goodyear Hall resident advisor (RA) requested a patrol for a marijuana complaint.
11:33 p.m.- Kevin Mims, who is not affiliated with UB, was arrested for stealing a student's cell phone from Alumni Arena Triple Gym. He was given an appearance ticket to Amherst Town Court.
2:10 a.m. - A Wilkeson Quad RA reported two disorderly subjects who were uncooperative with him in the second floor stairwell of Building 8. One subject - described as a white male with light brown hair, wearing jeans and a dark gray hooded shirt over a red fraternity-logo shirt - walked away from the RA and headed toward Spaulding Quad. The second subject was intoxicated and went into his dorm. The incident was turned over to housing for a follow-up.
3:31 p.m. - Niagara Frontier Transit Authority (NFTA) reported a fight at University Station. The fight broke up and the subjects involved ran onto campus.
4:48 p.m. - Patrol reported a suspicious vehicle in the Diefendorf Loop that had been parked in a non-parking space for a few minutes. The driver exited the vehicle and walked into Cary Hall with the passenger still in the vehicle.
6:53 p.m. - A student reported he saw a male push a female down on the ground in the Spaulding Parking Lot. They were driving in a black Chevy Equinox. Patrols identified the two subjects and completed a domestic incident report. Doral Bridgers, who is not affiliated with UB, was taken into custody at the Cheektowaga Police Department for an active bench warrant.
4:45 p.m. - Patrol advised individuals to get off the ice on Lake LaSalle. They identified Robert Black, 48, who had a warrant from Erie County Sheriff Department. He was arrested.
7:58 p.m. - NFTA police requested assistance for a bomb threat at University Station. NFTA bomb dogs completed a sweep of the station and no device was located.
12:32 a.m. - A hall director reported a TV was thrown out of a window in Red Jacket Quad onto the terrace. Patrol was unable to locate from where the TV was thrown.
8:38 a.m.- A custodial staff member reported the doors to room 1E, 1F, 1B and 1D offices in Hayes Annex B have been kicked in. Patrol reported the doors to 1E and 1F were damaged and need to be replaced.
12 p.m. - A hall director reported a smell of sulfur coming from the vents in Red Jacket Quad. Patrol reported the smell was coming from caulking around a new window.
12:46 p.m. - A Newman Center employee reported two stop signs, two "do not enter" signs and one "one way" sign were taken from the Newman Center. The complainant was advised to contact APD.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Skydiving Vikings to Deliver Minnesota's Game Ball
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!