Police Blotter 3/1/13
All information according to the University Police
2:30 a.m. - A man reported his girlfriend, a UB student, made statements to him that she is better off dying and doesn't want to live anymore. He was unable to get ahold of her for approximately 15 minutes. Amherst Police Department (APD) contacted the girl who said she had been arguing with her boyfriend and was very overwhelmed with her studies. APD reported she did not meet the criteria for an involuntary admission for a psych evaluation.
8:55 a.m. - A UB faculty member reported damage to her office in Cary Hall. She believes there was an attempt to break into her office sometime around Nov. 16. Her fellow office workers report the damage has been there since November.
7:22 p.m. - UB studentAl Amin was arrested after a Goodyear Hall resident advisor (RA) requested a patrol for a marijuana complaint.
11:33 p.m.- Kevin Mims, who is not affiliated with UB, was arrested for stealing a student's cell phone from Alumni Arena Triple Gym. He was given an appearance ticket to Amherst Town Court.
2:10 a.m. - A Wilkeson Quad RA reported two disorderly subjects who were uncooperative with him in the second floor stairwell of Building 8. One subject - described as a white male with light brown hair, wearing jeans and a dark gray hooded shirt over a red fraternity-logo shirt - walked away from the RA and headed toward Spaulding Quad. The second subject was intoxicated and went into his dorm. The incident was turned over to housing for a follow-up.
3:31 p.m. - Niagara Frontier Transit Authority (NFTA) reported a fight at University Station. The fight broke up and the subjects involved ran onto campus.
4:48 p.m. - Patrol reported a suspicious vehicle in the Diefendorf Loop that had been parked in a non-parking space for a few minutes. The driver exited the vehicle and walked into Cary Hall with the passenger still in the vehicle.
6:53 p.m. - A student reported he saw a male push a female down on the ground in the Spaulding Parking Lot. They were driving in a black Chevy Equinox. Patrols identified the two subjects and completed a domestic incident report. Doral Bridgers, who is not affiliated with UB, was taken into custody at the Cheektowaga Police Department for an active bench warrant.
4:45 p.m. - Patrol advised individuals to get off the ice on Lake LaSalle. They identified Robert Black, 48, who had a warrant from Erie County Sheriff Department. He was arrested.
7:58 p.m. - NFTA police requested assistance for a bomb threat at University Station. NFTA bomb dogs completed a sweep of the station and no device was located.
12:32 a.m. - A hall director reported a TV was thrown out of a window in Red Jacket Quad onto the terrace. Patrol was unable to locate from where the TV was thrown.
8:38 a.m.- A custodial staff member reported the doors to room 1E, 1F, 1B and 1D offices in Hayes Annex B have been kicked in. Patrol reported the doors to 1E and 1F were damaged and need to be replaced.
12 p.m. - A hall director reported a smell of sulfur coming from the vents in Red Jacket Quad. Patrol reported the smell was coming from caulking around a new window.
12:46 p.m. - A Newman Center employee reported two stop signs, two "do not enter" signs and one "one way" sign were taken from the Newman Center. The complainant was advised to contact APD.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Buffalo stunned by Ohio after last-second basket
- Bulls fall to Central Michigan 84-73
- Weird Al to come to UB this summer
- Bulls defeat Miami Ohio behind career-game by Moss
- Rachael Gregory transfers from UB
- Buffalo routs Northern Illinois in return to Alumni Arena
- Bulls’ offense sputters in a 78-68 loss to Western Michigan
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World