UB extends Quinn through 2017
Head coach Jeff Quinn has reportedly signed a contract extension with UB through 2017. Meg Kinsley /// The Spectrum
UB Athletics announced Wednesday afternoon the department has extended head football coach Jeff Quinn's contract through 2017. Quinn is 9-26 since taking over as head coach. The Bulls have won three straight and are 4-7 this year.
The Buffalo News' Bob DiCesare broke the story Wednesday morning. Many expected Quinn's job was in jeopardy this year, as the team started 1-7 and UB's new athletic director, Danny White, seemed poised to make a change. The Bulls' recent three-game winning streak has come over three subpar teams: Miami Ohio (4-7. 3-4 Mid-American Conference), Western Michigan (4-8, 2-6 MAC) and most recently UMass (1-10, 1-6 MAC) this past Saturday.
The Bulls will play their last regular season game on Saturday at Bowling Green (7-4, 5-2 MAC) Friday at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance
- Using Subtypes to Guide Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer
- 10 Things to Know About the New HiSET High School...