UB extends Quinn through 2017
Head coach Jeff Quinn has reportedly signed a contract extension with UB through 2017. Meg Kinsley /// The Spectrum
UB Athletics announced Wednesday afternoon the department has extended head football coach Jeff Quinn's contract through 2017. Quinn is 9-26 since taking over as head coach. The Bulls have won three straight and are 4-7 this year.
The Buffalo News' Bob DiCesare broke the story Wednesday morning. Many expected Quinn's job was in jeopardy this year, as the team started 1-7 and UB's new athletic director, Danny White, seemed poised to make a change. The Bulls' recent three-game winning streak has come over three subpar teams: Miami Ohio (4-7. 3-4 Mid-American Conference), Western Michigan (4-8, 2-6 MAC) and most recently UMass (1-10, 1-6 MAC) this past Saturday.
The Bulls will play their last regular season game on Saturday at Bowling Green (7-4, 5-2 MAC) Friday at 2 p.m.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest