Eight students hospitalized; police believe marijuana is the cause
Saturday night and early Sunday morning, eight students were sent to the hospital after University Police (UPD) responded to multiple medical emergencies involving students suspected to be smoking marijuana.
UB Spokesperson John Della Contrada said the students were released from the hospital this morning.
In a UB Alert, UPD said the victims experienced trouble breathing, dizziness, nausea and general disorientation. The notice explained it is possible that the illegal drugs were mixed with other substances unknown to the user, causing unexpected symptoms.
"This warning is provided so that you may take whatever action is deemed necessary for your safety," the alert stated. "Members of the community are urged to be vigilant at all times. Report any unusual circumstances or suspicious persons and activities to the University Police as soon as possible."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Spectrum 360: video newscast Sept. 29
- Pushing forward
- Quick Hits: Volleyball and women’s soccer begin MAC play, Roberts scores in...
- UB prepares for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- UB no longer buying McCarley Gardens
- The Spectrum sits down with Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood
- UB hits ‘undo’ on a mistake in the making
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections