UB student dies in fatal car accident
A 20-year-old international student from Taiwan died in a one-car accident on Millersport Highway at 5 a.m. Thursday. UB Spokesman John Della Contrada said the university will not be releasing the name of the student until the family is notified.
Amherst Police (APD) said the vehicle was headed northbound on Millersport Highway, crossed over a median and went airborne before crossing the three southbound lanes. The car came to a stop about 50 yards from the Coventry Road entrance to the university. The male student was alone in the vehicle, APD said.
APD is investigating the cause of the accident and is unsure of the speed the vehicle was traveling.
Counseling services are available for friends and classmates of the student.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More ubspectrum News Articles
Recent ubspectrum News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR UBSPECTRUM NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST UBSPECTRUM NEWS
- Bulls survive scare with FCS opponent Duquesne
- Buffalo, we have a problem: Bulls performance against Duquesne should leave...
- Spectrum 360: Football season preview video 2014
- Taking the field: Bull linebacker Lee Skinner's journey to UB
- The big men on campus
- The Licata way
- The Dukes of hazard: Buffalo prepares for season opener against Duquesne
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care