Bulls fall in Western Michigan

Soccer team loses 4-2 to the Western Michigan Broncos

<p>Freshman midfielder Katherine Camper dribbles the ball past a defender. The Bulls lost 4-2 to Western Michigan this past Sunday in what was a season high in goals allowed.</p>

Freshman midfielder Katherine Camper dribbles the ball past a defender. The Bulls lost 4-2 to Western Michigan this past Sunday in what was a season high in goals allowed.

The Bulls’ seven-game win streak came to an end on Sunday afternoon when they lost on the road to the Western Michigan Broncos 4-2. The Bulls let up a season high four goals while not scoring until 80 minutes into the game. This was Buffalo’s first conference loss of the season.

Bronco’s (8-2, 2-0 Mid-American Conference) junior midfielder Grace Labadie led the offensive effort with two goals and one assist. One of Labadie’s goals came at the start of the second half off a penalty shot following two Buffalo (7-2, 1-1 MAC) fouls. The Bulls gave up two goals to penalty kicks in the second half.

The Bulls’ two goals of the game came from junior defender Gurjeena Jandu and freshman defender Andrea Judasz in the closing 10 minutes. The effort was not enough to get past the first-in-conference Broncos defense led by sophomore goalkeeper Hannah Sargent. Sargent finished the game with eight saves while only letting up two goals.

The game also marked the end of senior forward Carissima Cutrona’s point streak dating back to Aug. 20.

The Bulls play its next home game on Friday against the Central Michigan Chippewas (4-6, 2-0 MAC). The game is set to start at 7 p.m.

Sports Desk can be reached at: sports@ubspectrum.com