UB police blotter 5/2 - 6/13

Did you make this summer's blotter?

<p></p>

5/2

6:37 p.m.: Six students were trapped in a Spaulding Hall elevator on the building’s second floor.

9:19 p.m.: A student requested to speak with an officer regarding harassment directed towards them on Facebook.

10:15 p.m.: A female student asked for assistance regarding a feral cat that climbed into her backpack at the Hamilton Loop. The cat left the area shortly after the student notified UPD.

5/4

11:49 a.m.: A male student reported his PlayStation was stolen from his dorm room. The student said his room was shut but not locked.

5/5

3:32 p.m.: Patrol extinguished a mulch fire on Coventry Road and Millersport Highway.

6:38 p.m.: Students reported the theft of a backpack containing wallets, cell phones and keys from the Oozefest Mud Pit.

9:36 p.m.: Officers assisted a female student who was vomiting in the first floor bathroom in Alumni Arena. Paramedics were notified and the student was taken to Erie County Medical Center.

10:20 p.m.: Officers called an ambulance for a highly intoxicated male outside the Center for the Arts. The student was taken to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. UB Facilities was called for cleanup.

5/8

9:26 a.m.: A female student reported she received a bomb threat via email.

12:30 p.m.: A male student’s car was struck while parked and unattended in the Hochstetter B Lot on May 7. The suspect’s vehicle was parked next to his car. The subject left a note including a name and an incorrect phone number.

5/11

10:25 a.m.: A female student’s vehicle was struck by another vehicle on May 10. Three other individuals witnessed the incident and recorded the subject’s license plate number as the subject fled the scene.

12:49 p.m.: Police received reports for a hit and run near Squire Hall on South Campus.

1:27 p.m.: A male student had all of his belongings stolen out of the men’s locker room in Alumni Arena. The student later found his backpack placed in another locker, but was still missing $60 cash. Patrols report the subject, a 6-foot-2-inch white male, calling for a cab.

5/12

7:28 a.m.: Police received reports of a possible burglary in Flickinger Court. A bottle of alcohol was stolen and the victim’s PlayStation was tampered with.

9:09 p.m.: A male student’s cell phone was stolen from Main Street Market Dining Center.

5/13

1:50 p.m.: An individual who lives off campus attempted to stab a male student with a knife in his dorm room, but the student grabbed the knife. The student called an Uber at Michael Hall and went to the hospital. The suspect was found at 2:14 p.m. in Clinton Hall. Suspension papers were issued to the suspect, who was arraigned and released.

5/14

5:21 p.m.: A student reported a hit-and-run in the Clark Lot.

5/15

6:43 p.m.: A caller reported a male sitting in a red Chevrolet vehicle completing a lewd act in the Parker Lot.

11:57 p.m.: A female student notified UPD of a male student on the third floor of Richmond Hall near the elevator who was scaring people with a toy gun.

5/17

11:01 a.m.: An employee reported an elevator entrapment in O’Brian Hall. The victims had been in the elevator for 15 minutes but did not place a call.

5/18

10:33 p.m.: UPD received a report about a skunk outside a female student’s dorm room eating garbage neighbors left outside. Patrol was able to remove the skunk.

5/22

12:37 p.m.: An employee reported the keys to Sherman Hall and a card containing $100 cash was taken sometime between May 9 and 20.

5/23

11:04 a.m.: Eggs were thrown at two windows on the east side of Kapoor Hall, but there was no damage reported.

4:39 p.m.: A male student’s vehicle was struck while parked in the Spaulding Lot.

5/29

7:20 p.m.: A smoking garbage can was extinguished near the rear entrance to Alumni Arena.

6/4

8:40 a.m.: A female student’s vehicle was struck while parked and unattended in the Alumni A Parking Lot.

4:52 p.m.: A female student reported she struck another vehicle in the Furnas Lot. She left a note on the window explaining what happened.

6/13

12:01 p.m.: A victim reported food stolen from Parker Hall. Positive camera footage from the room was retrieved.

News Desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com