Political briefs: This week on the campaign trail

FBI finds no new evidence in Clinton emails to change July verdict

FBI Director James Comey wrote to Congress on Sunday informing members that after examining the emails found during the Anthony Weiner sexual investigation, they found no new relevant emails to change their July decision which found no cause for criminal charge against Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, according to CNN. The FBI had to review approximately 650,000 emails, which raised concerns they would not announce new information before the election, and thus influence the results.

Clinton leads Trump by four points in polls

Clinton holds onto her lead over Republican candidate Donald Trump, according to The Wall Street Journal. A recent WSJ-NBC News poll found Clinton four points ahead of Trump among likely voters. She has lost half her lead since her mid-October 11-point advantage. Six percent still support Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson and two percent support Green Party candidate Jill Stein. The poll also found that both candidates will face “enormous unease” if elected. 54 percent of likely voters said they would not support Trump as president even if he is elected. A slightly smaller, but still significant margin of 46 percent said they would not feel comfortable supporting Clinton if she becomes president.

Iowa goes red for Trump

Democrats have won in Iowa in six of the last seven presidential elections, according to ABC News. That could change this year, as Trump continues to poll three points ahead of Clinton in the state. Trump visited there Sunday for one last campaign, stopping in Sioux City with a final message. Trump said, “At the heart of this election is a simple question: Will our country be governed by the people, or will it be governed by the corrupt political class?" Meanwhile, Clinton leads in Ohio by one point.

Hispanic turnout could be key factor in election

Early voting data shows the Latino vote could be substantial in deciding the next president, according to CNN. Early voting among Latinos is typically low compared to other demographics, but this year shows a sharp increase since 2012. Latino voting in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina is increased this year. So far, 30 million votes have been cast. In Florida, Latinos make up 14.1 percent of all ballots casted so far. In Georgia, they make up 1.7 percent, which although low, doubles since .09 in 2012. In North Carolina, Latinos have turned out for early voting at a 75 percent increase since 2012.

Sarah Crowley is the assistant news editor and can be reached at sarah.crowley@ubspectrum.com