Gamer guide: The most anticipated fall and winter games

<p>The long awaited sequel to the popular 2012 game “Dishonored” has finally arrived. The game takes place in the city of Karnaca, mimicking the coastline of Greece and Italy.</p>

The long awaited sequel to the popular 2012 game “Dishonored” has finally arrived. The game takes place in the city of Karnaca, mimicking the coastline of Greece and Italy.

These coming weeks are filled with highly anticipated video game releases on many different platforms, including handhelds and consoles. Take a study break and free yourself from the stress of exams and elections with one of these exciting games.

“Dishonored 2”

Release date: Nov. 11

Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC

Dishonored 2” is the sequel to the popular“Dishonored,” which was released in 2012.

The game is set in the fictional coastal city of Karnaca and based on southern European countries such as Greece and Italy.

The gameplay and scenes are picturesque and the designs are influenced by the fashion and technology of 1851.

Players can choose between Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano, who was the protagonist in the original game.

“Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection”

Release date: Nov. 15

Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One

“Assassin’s Creed” debuted in 2007 and since has released a total of nine main games, along with many spinoffs.

“The Ezio Collection”is a remastered conglomeration of the previous games, featuring the series’ most popular character, Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

The highly-anticipated game is expected to hold fans over until the franchise’s next main “Assassin’s Creed” release, which is scheduled for next December.

The game also features two short films, “Assassin’s Creed Embers” and “Assassin’s Creed Lineage,” which will provide a deeper backstory to the character of Ezio.

“Watch Dogs 2”

Release date: Nov. 15

Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC

“Watch Dogs 2” takes place in San Francisco and is played in the third person. Players control a character named Marcus Holloway, who is a hacker attempting to take down the city’s mass surveillance system.

The game is an open-world action adventure game and the new map is twice the size of the map in the original “Watch Dogs.”

Developers brought in professional hackers to ensure the authenticity of the game. There is a multiplayer mode in which two players can complete missions.

“Pokémon Sun and Moon”

Release date: Nov. 18

Platforms: 3DS

One of the most highly anticipated releases in Pokémon’s history, “Sun and Moon”is a brand new generation that takes place in the tropical Alola region.

The release will mark the franchise’s 20th anniversary and 18 years since the U.S. release of “Pokémon Red and Blue.”

Several dozen new Pokémon will be introduced, along with Alolan variations of already-existing Pokémon. The game will have improved polygonal 3D graphics.

For the first time, players will be able to change the appearance of their character by choosing gender, skin tone, hair color and clothing.

“Dead Rising 4”

Release date: Dec. 6

Platforms: Xbox One, PC

“Dead Rising 4” will celebrate its release ten years after the original “Dead Rising” game.

The game takes place in Willamette, Colorado and players control the character Frank West, a photojournalist who appeared in prior instalments of the series.

The series is based in an apocalyptic, zombie-infested world. The player’s goal is to uncover the truth about the outbreak.

Andrew Safe is a staff writer and can be reached at arts@ubspectrum.com