Memorial service to be held for deceased UB football player Solomon Jackson

<p>Solomon&nbsp;Jackson and his teammates work to block a kick during a Bulls' game against Northern Illinois in November 2015.&nbsp;</p>

Solomon Jackson and his teammates work to block a kick during a Bulls' game against Northern Illinois in November 2015. 

There will be a memorial service for deceased UB football player Solomon Jackson at The Well Buffalo Church Thursday night.

A public viewing will be held from 7-8 p.m. and a private service for the football team, staff and family will follow. Jon Fuller, UB assistant athletic director of communications, said Jackson's family has asked that media do not enter the church. Fuller also said UB Athletics will not be making anyone available to the media. 

Jackson died Monday night - one week after suffering what the university has called a "medical emergency" at a team conditioning session on Feb. 22. Jackson, 20, was hospitalized in critical condition and a coma at Buffalo General Medical Center throughout the week before passing away on Monday.

UB has said it cannot release Jackson's medical information or cause of death due to federal privacy laws. Buffalo General spokesperson Michael Hughes said Jackson's family has declined to allow the hospital to release any information. 

On Feb. 25, UB Athletics also held a private service to pray for Jackson at The Well. The service was for the team and athletics personnel only and media was not allowed inside. 

GoFundMe page has been created for Jackson's family and has raised more than $8,000 of its $30,000 goal as of Thursday afternoon. 

The Well is located in Getzville, just two miles from North Campus. 

Editor's note: This story has been updated to include UB Athletics saying Jackson's family does not want media at the church and that no one will be made available to the media. 

Tom Dinki is the editor in chief and can be reached at tom.dinki@ubspectrum.com. Follow him on Twitter at @tomdinki.