The Spectrum Logo

Final exit polls indicate Progress Party headed for UB Student Association win

Majority of students polled said they voted for Progress

dsc_7007

Final exit poll numbers Thursday indicate the three Progress Party candidates will be next year's Student Association executive board. 

The Spectrum has polled 171 students leaving voting booths in the Student Union throughout the SA elections week, and the majority have said they voted for Progress Party's Matt Rivera and Megan Glander for president and vice president, respectively, as well as the Progress Party's Dan Emmons for treasurer. 

The winning candidates will be announced in the SA office at 5:30 p.m. Thursday.

Of the 171 students polled, 70 percent said they voted for Rivera and Glander for president and vice president. The other 30 percent said they voted for Transparency candidates Maximillian Budynek and Daniel Christian.

The race for the treasurer, which is elected separately from the president and vice president, seems to be a bit closer. Fifty-two percent of students said they voted for Emmons, compared to 35 percent for Carl Ross, who is running alone on the Empowerment Party. Twelve percent of students said they voted for independent treasurer candidate Aaron Hussain. 

Here's a breakdown


President and vice president

Progress Party (Matt Rivera and Megan Glander) – 120 votes (70 percent)

Transparency Party (Maximillian Budynek and Daniel Christian) – 51 votes (30 percent)

Treasurer

Progress Party (Dan Emmons) – 90 votes (52 percent)

Empowerment Party (Carl Ross) – 60 votes (35 percent)

Aaron Hussain (independent) – 21 votes (12 percent)


The winners will be announced at 5:30 p.m.

Tom Dinki is the editor in chief and can be reached at tom.dinki@ubspectrum.com. Follow him on Twitter at @tomdinki. 


Comments powered by Disqus

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Spectrum.