UB President Tripathi sends letter on Danny White leaving for UCF

<p>President Satish Tripathi speaks speaks during&nbsp;his annual State of the University Address last month. Tripathi sent out letter about Athletic Director Danny White taking the A.D. job at the University of Central Florida.&nbsp;</p>

President Satish Tripathi speaks speaks during his annual State of the University Address last month. Tripathi sent out letter about Athletic Director Danny White taking the A.D. job at the University of Central Florida. 

Dear University Community:

I am writing to share the news that Director of Athletics Danny White will be leaving UB to accept a position as Athletic Director at the University of Central Florida, our fellow Division I institution and an emerging power in intercollegiate athletics.

While we will all be sorry to see Danny and his family go, I know I speak for our entire UB community—and Bulls fans everywhere—in wishing him much continued success, and in expressing my deep appreciation for his achievements and contributions as UB Director of Athletics since his arrival in 2012.

Under Danny’s leadership, and the leadership of his coaches, athletics staff, and student athletes, our UB athletics program has made tremendous strides over the past four years. To name just a few of these achievements, in the past academic year alone, our student athletes brought home three Mid-American Conference championships (in women’s soccer, men’s basketball, and men’s tennis) and an NCAA championship in track and field. Last spring, our men’s basketball team made UB’s first appearance in the NCAA basketball tournament, and our women’s basketball team represented UB in the National Invitational Tournament for the first time. And for seven consecutive semesters under Danny’s leadership, our UB athletics teams have earned a collective GPA of 3.0 or higher.

These achievements speak to an intercollegiate athletics program that is uncompromising in pursuing academic and athletic excellence. Those values resonate very strongly with UB’s vision as a premier university, and these achievements have left UB very well positioned for continued success in building a great Division I athletics program that competes among the best in the nation.

As we give careful consideration now to our next steps in identifying a leader to guide the athletics program’s continued upward trajectory, I anticipate sharing more details with the campus community in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, please join me in congratulating Danny, and in wishing him and his family all the best as they undertake this exciting opportunity.

Go Bulls!

Satish K. Tripathi

President