Police Blotter: 4/21-4/28

All information according to University Police

<p></p>

4/21

5:08 p.m. – A caller reported that a suspicious male was walking around the Governors E lot checking vehicles. The person was described as being a 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-9 male with a beard wearing a black hoodie emblazoned with ‘UB’ in red lettering. The male was last seen heading toward the area of the Academic Spine. Governors A and B lots and Fronczak lot were checked with negative results – patrols were unable to locate the person.

4/23

2:22 a.m. – An anonymous caller reported an odor of marijuana and loud noise coming from the east stairwell in Goodyear Hall on South Campus. A patrol was dispatched and found no sign of drug use in the stairwell – only a subject playing his acoustic guitar. Patrol advised him to play softer.

10:18 a.m. – A caller reported a three-car accident at Flint Road and Maple Road involving two passenger vehicles and one UB Stampede bus. UPD patrol reported no major injuries but Twin City Ambulance was on scene to transport one victim to the hospital. A Stampede bus supervisor arrived on location to see the damage and Amherst Police assisted in clearing the scene.

12:02 p.m. – A staff member reported that a laptop belonging to the university was stolen from his office in the Center for the Arts on North Campus between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. The office was open and unoccupied at the time of the theft. The caller reported to have video footage of the suspect in the area. A report was filed with UPD.

4/24

3:02 p.m. – An employee at the Lockwood Library circulation desk requested assistance with an individual who appeared to be in mental distress. A patrol was dispatched and identified a UB student. The patrol advised her to quiet down in the library.

4/25

12:11 a.m. – A patrol reported a person sleeping in a vehicle in the Richmond B lot on North Campus. The driver reported he was asleep for about two hours and must have fallen asleep while studying.

1:57 a.m. – A patrol identified two UB students acting disorderly in the area of Foster Hall on South Campus. The patrol petitioned both students for Student Wide Judiciary (SWJ) for public urination.

2:27 a.m. – A patrol requested medical assistance for an intoxicated female at Goodyear Hall on South Campus. The patrol identified a UB student and she was transported to Erie County Medical Center for an alcohol overdose. The student was referred to SWJ.

12:21 p.m. – A complainant reported that her casual boots were stolen from the women’s locker room in Alumni Arena on North Campus. The caller reported the boots were stolen on April 23 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. and said they are worth approximately $100.

5:23 p.m. – A caller reported there was a sick student that vomited on a UB Stampede bus that parked on Core Road on North Campus. The student said he was not in need of medical attention and was issued SWJ papers.

6:18 p.m. – Amherst Police Department reported there were people under the bridge on the Audubon Parkway on North Campus that might be spray painting. A patrol on location reported there was a large group under the bridge having a water balloon fight.

4/26

12:01 a.m. – A caller reported an intoxicated female in the Wilkeson Quadrangle on North Campus. A patrol requested an ambulance for the subject and she was transported to Erie County Medical Center for an alcohol overdose. The UB student was issued SWJ papers.

12:53 a.m. – A caller reported there was a group of people smoking marijuana outside of Spaulding building 7 on North Campus. Patrol arrived and the subjects were gone.

1:05 a.m. – A patrol reported a large group of people fighting at the top of the University Station on South Campus after they got off of a party bus. The driver of the bus stated that a car pulled up and adults got out and went after a kid, then they got back into the car and took off. UPD dispersed the crowd and no injuries were reported.

1:30 a.m. – A caller reported an odor of marijuana coming from the Richmond Quadrangle on North Campus. A patrol arrived on scene but the subjects were gone.

2:55 a.m. – A female flagged down a patrol on Rensch Road at Hadley Village on North Campus and reported her boyfriend was refusing to give her the keys to her vehicle. The boyfriend turned over the keys when the patrol arrived on scene. Both parties claimed they got in a verbal argument over a movie and that there was no physical altercation. The female left the area without incident and the boyfriend was advised.

12:23 p.m. – A resident adviser reported finding marijuana in the common area of an apartment in building 304 in Flint Village on North Campus during room inspections. A patrol confiscated the drugs and tagged them for destruction. Campus Living will file a report.

1:23 p.m. – A staff member at the Student Union information desk reported there was an ongoing argument between a male and a female near the women’s bathroom. A report was filed with UPD and both subjects were issued SWJ papers.

4:00 p.m. – A UB employee reported a strong odor of gas by Squire Hall on South Campus. A patrol reported the odor was coming from a release valve that had been knocked off by an employee from Allentown Landscaping. National Fuel reported the area was safe and repairs are being made.

4/27

8:28 a.m. – A Lockwood Library staff member reported that obscene messages were left in room 134 in the library between 5 p.m. on April 24 and 6:30 a.m. on April 27. One of the messages was left on a note and the other was made on the wall using cigarette ashes. The staff reported that there was also an obscene picture left in the office. There was no sign of forced entry into the room and the staff member suspects it was the cleaning staff. A patrol reported there was no damage to property. A report was filed with UPD.

7:20 p.m. – A community assistant in Flint Village on North Campus requested the pickup of drug paraphernalia found during a room check. A patrol reported the community assistant will issue SWJ papers. The confiscated items were secured and labeled for destruction.

10:38 p.m. – During a room inspection, a community assistant in Flint Village discovered a hookah, which is against housing policy to have in a student’s room. Patrol was dispatched to confiscate the items, but the patrol reported the hookah is not illegal because it is used for tobacco purposes. No action was taken.

News Desk can be reached at news@ubspectrum.com